Yellow Chrysanthemum

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Do you find that the black bits distract you?

Yellow%20Chrysanth.jpg

You might try a tighter crop on the (pistels, stamens - what am I talking about?) err... Middle bit.
See how it looks...

i took a very similar pic to this, and i found that by cloning out the small black area's that it improved the pic for me

DSC_1718a.jpg

Ive cropped in a bit now... (altered the original). I dont want to go too close as it was the petals I liked more than the "pistels, stamen, middle bit"!! LOL :D

Original looked OK to me but that is an improvement. Both look like they could use a little more contrast to me. (But not as much as MyPixs' example ;) )

I like it, the petals are lovely and it would be shame to lose them.

It looks like there is more to be had from the image, in terms of levels and saturation tweeks. Unless that's just how you wanted it of course. :)

I have done quite a lot, but then I end up thinking I mightve overdone things! Obviously not!

I didn't see the original picture but the one that is currently showing is spot on for me. I like the subtle colours and the crop also works too.

Flowers are deceptively easy to mess up on but this one I really like, well done :)

Very nice indeed :)

I also missed the first version but the current one works very well... it might have benifited slightly from the use of a reflector to add a little more light, but this is just my personal preference. Thanks for sharing.

Composition is spot on Janice.
Try adjusting the levels and adding a little saturation.
Then give it a bit of sharpening.

Here's my attempt at tweeking your image.
yc.jpg

Thanks Matt. Although the petals have gone brownish on my monitor. Did you kill them? :D

I've just given it a bit of water. ;)

Forgot to convert back to sRGB. :nut:

Lovely shot - I find the full detail of the petals draws you in to the centre. Matt's version has more punch - but I get told off by "local management" if I tweak colours so as she notices from the original subject!

Fangman said:
Lovely shot - I find the full detail of the petals draws you in to the centre. Matt's version has more punch - !

i agree :)

Back