Yellowhammer (and friends)

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a trip to Big Waters nature reserve the other day, only just found out about it - and it's less than 15 minutes drive away! Didn't have any luck spotting otters or kingfishers, but I did spot these so I'm happy.

First up, the Yellowhammers. Unfortunately they didn't come too close to the blind I was at, so these are fairly hefty crops.

1)
4589452390_5d5d23aa1f.jpg

2)
4589452670_7a1427118b.jpg

3) This Chaffinch is yawning, not singing. If he's not yawning he's lost his voice, because he was silent.

4588831819_40ea8ee4cd.jpg

4) Little Dunnock, hopping about around the ground

4588833565_d691e31b7a.jpg

5) Great tit in hiding - shame about the twig in front of it, but hey-ho.

4588832771_c12176d055.jpg

6) They didn't stay still for long once they were on the wire, there were peanut feeders hanging from them.

4588833725_53e50c9c3a.jpg

Thanks for looking, any C&C would be grateful, cheers!

Hi Dan, five very sharp and natural looking images, just how I like to see them. Well done and look forward to seeing some more of your work.

Nice set, first time i have ever seen a Tit of any description ringed.
Anyone care to shed light on that?
Seems a little strange to me to ring a very common bird.

This Chaffinch is yawning, not singing. If he's not yawning he's lost his voice, because he was silent.

A silent Chaffinch...never! Great photo of him along with the rest.

Hi Dan, five very sharp and natural looking images, just how I like to see them. Well done and look forward to seeing some more of your work.

Thanks very much, I'm trying to drag my carcass back there earlier in the morning, hopefully I'll see something a little different.

Nice set, first time i have ever seen a Tit of any description ringed.

Thank you. Quite a few of them seemed to be ringed, even some of the tree sparrows.

A silent Chaffinch...never! Great photo of him along with the rest.

Much appreciated! There's a male Chaffinch visits our garden daily and he never shuts up. If I walk up the garden he keeps pace, hopping up the fence, shouting at me. Seeing one with his beak open and no sound was quite unusual for me!

Back