Yellowhammer

Wow I love this, Nice picture, Im sad to hear about your loss :p

Lovely subtle shot, it's a pity that branch is obstructing it's chest because i like the soft lighting.

Nice shot sir, as has been said " trees eh! you can't live without em, and you can't shoot through them" or something like that! ;)

Thanks for the comments guys. I agree about the branch, but the shots without the branch were not very good.
I may have a play in Photoshop with one of the other shots to see if I can do anything with them.

Mitch

Nice sharp picture of the Yellowhammer, while trees can be a pain or a Godsend, they can also add a natural feel to the picture, its something we have to live with and make the best of as you have here (y).
My only criticism is the dark border, it just doesnt work for me and doesnt compliment the colour of the shot. Maybe a much lighter border or none at all would be better, but thats just my opinion.
Thanks for sharing (y)

It's a lovely natural shot with great exposure and good colour. The branch is a bugger but that's just the way it is sometimes. :shrug:

Yellowhammers are an incredible colour - I always think yoiu'd expect to see that colour in a tropical clime not here in Old Blighty.

I agree with Trev on the border - I stopped using them yonks ago, preferring to use every bit of pixel space for the image nowadays. Personal prefence in the end, but that one is too dark and heavy for the shot.

Back