4806221407_e8f1c1c519_z_d.jpg

4807119998_0949300925_z_d.jpg

#3 - taken with the Canon 17-85 IS USM
4806286299_75e60a06e9_z_d.jpg

#4 - As shot, no cropping :D
4806795170_90be8cbea6_z_d.jpg

4806768934_40e2aa926e_z_d.jpg

Thoughts/C&C very welcome as always :)

Firstly it looks like your panning is pretty good so well done on that.

I like no.2 the most, it's uncluttered and all about the plane with the blur of the clouds giving the perception of its speed.

I also like the spitfire (no.4) although it would be nice not to have the assorted ground-based bits in the frame, although this does give the sense of distance to the ground if that's what you're trying to portray.

Not so keen on no.3, just seems a bit dark and due to its enormity it's partcularly hard to get the whole thing in the frame and the loss of the wings and engines means it just doesn't feel right to me.

Hope some of that helps, looks like it was a good show - must get myself to one of these sometime.

Number 2 is great! Like Madhouse said your panning is very good indeed!

Number 1 is brilliant too! (y)

I like no.2 the most, it's uncluttered and all about the plane with the blur of the clouds giving the perception of its speed.

Thanks :) I was chuffed as hell - my panning got good very quickly at RIAT. So much practice :)

I also like the spitfire (no.4) although it would be nice not to have the assorted ground-based bits in the frame, although this does give the sense of distance to the ground if that's what you're trying to portray.

Thanks, I've been debating taking them out for a while, think I might do to see how it looks.

Not so keen on no.3, just seems a bit dark and due to its enormity it's partcularly hard to get the whole thing in the frame and the loss of the wings and engines means it just doesn't feel right to me.

I know what you mean, I was back on the 17-85 for it, but we were in a fair old hurry to get a spot on the flightline for the raptor so I didn't have time to step back and wait for a gap in the croud :(

Thanks norvic-boy and HornetSting for the comments as well :)

*continues to edit away*

Back