3) XA41 GllRl
9626767938_94ca6cf6db_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

4) Helicopter

20130829untitled shoot-DSC_3173.jpg by agglestone2, on Flickr

5) Red Arrows

20130829untitled shoot-DSC_3285.jpg by agglestone2, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great set but for me the best is the Red Arrows in the fifth shot, great colors and symmetry to it.

the light was all over the place today. Bright in places, cloudy in others - a bloody nightmare to try and take pictures. oh, and wifey didnt want to be between the piers so i was too far away anyway

Great set, BTW

Some great shots there fella. I especially like the red arrow ones (y)

Btw would change your thread title half expected to see a flying pig :)

Steve

Thanks for comments going to have another go on Saturday, with Brother-in-law who regularly goes to Air shows.

I feel best place is on the cliff top up left from the Carlton Hotel looking out to sea. These where taken more from the Boscombe end of the cliff top, and I thought gave a better angle for the Purbecks or IOW in the back ground, but meant ~I missed the cross overs in the flying displays.

Would be interested to hear others thoughts on positioning, and also if it is worth taking a camera (With what lens down to night air).

Steve,

Thanks for comments and pointing out my typo, can not seem to change title when editing my post any ideas on how it is done :).

Bournemouth can get quite lively at the weekend so anything can happen, so I am told, so would not rule out those flying pigs totally.

Written by Richard on return from Pub, so please excuse any further grammar mishaps hic.

If you go advanced I think it allows you to edit the title.

Heather

Cracking shots - like them all although 3 would be my favourite. Tempted to go down for this, maybe next year.

I would suggest you take a look at your sensor in (3) and (5) you have some pretty big blobs on there.

Meonshore,

Thanks for your comments and pointing out about the dust bunnies, I thin I need to bite the bullet and look to get the sensor cleaned.

Anyone know of cost to do this in Dorset or point me at any information they have used to do this on the D7000, lots of sources of information but would like to use some that some one else has had experience of. I am left handed so always wondered if this makes any difference for the DIY route.

Hope to put some more up from Saturday but hopefully with dust bunnies cloned out.

Last edited:
Quite good pictures.
As for the dust, clean it yourself. It takes a bit of investment, £30 ish for swabs and sensor cleaning fluid, but you get it cleaned when you need it done, not when you can get somewhere to do it.

I only ever have mine cleaned by a 3rd party when I go to a show and they have NPS (Nikon) doing free cleans, normally annually . The rest of the time I use a Visibledust Artic Butterfly and do a dry clean which typically is sufficient.

Very occasionally I do a wet clean, but I'm talking once a year at most.

The arctic butterfly is an investment - but it will last pretty much for ever and saves a fantastic amount of time "spotting" your images to remove spots and is much cheaper than sending out for a clean....

Meonshore,

Thanks for your comments and pointing out about the dust bunnies, I thin I need to bite the bullet and look to get the sensor cleaned.

Anyone know of cost to do this in Dorset or point me at any information they have used to do this on the D7000, lots of sources of information but would like to use some that some one else has had experience of. I am left handed so always wondered if this makes any difference for the DIY route.

Hope to put some more up from Saturday but hopefully with dust bunnies cloned out.

I paid £18.99 in Chichester on Monday to have my D7000's sensor cleaned, it took about 10 minutes !

Back