Yet another DSLR Virgin!

Name
Wayne Dicks
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening,
UP to now my experience with cameras is very short.
From using the ones you take back to the chemist with the film still inside to my current camera, a Samsung Digimax V800 (bought around 2 1/2 years ago), you could say I am a novice.
The problem is, I love taking photographs.
So, on the advice of my sister I have ordered a Canon D400 with the two of their bundle lenses and a memory card. This is due on Tuesday.
I have also bought a number of other things like spare batteries, a tripod (Ebay £1.99 from Hong Kong) which will last about a week, and a few other boring odds and sods.
I will be asking lots of questions in the future, although I will endeavour to research the threads before doing so. I have a couple now to keep you on your toes;
1/ I like the look of Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 as a starter suite. Is it any good? Is there anything better for a similar price?
2/ To a sheer novice would I need a battery grip. I've heard if you have big hands you need something more substantial to hold, ( as well as the extra battery life)
3/ Are there any online stores to avoid? (PM only obviously)
I am furiously trying to learn the lingo so please...be gentle!!:)
I may sound blase but I'm not. I can't wait 'til Tuesday, might even throw a sickie:thumbsdown:

:wave: welcome to the forums, enjoy.

Hi and welcome :wave:

Hi and welcome to the forum..

I'm very new to the world of DSLR also but I'm having a whale of a time playing with my new cam ( Sony A100) and learning lots from the forum..

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Ang

:wave:

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Kit should be arriving tomorrow so I've taken an official day off rather than blag a sickie. Be prepared for lots of desperate calls for help.
Being a typical male I won't read anything first and then wonder why it's all going horribly wrong.
You have been warned!!:thinking:

So far camera bag and remote switch have arrived. :bang:

What a waste of a day off. Can't get time off tomorrow. Then it'll be card through the door and collect in another 24hrs.
There a lot to be said for going down the shops.:bang::bang:

A continuing thanks for the welcome messages.
Today I received two spare camera batteries from Germany.
Still no camera from good old Blighty.:bang::thumbsdown::bang:

:woot:
My D400 has finally arrived a week late. As has the tripod from Hong Kong.
All I'll be able to do today is put the strap on the camera and charge the battery 'cos I'm at work in an hour. Nevermind, he goes nothing.:)

Hi, Welcome. I was new to DSLR's 12 months ago but had great fun in learning how to use it and some great pictures

Chris

Back