Yet another HDR attempt

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
No matter what I do I can't seem to be able to get my HDR images to look anything like I see them in my minds eye. Whether it started life as one image and the ev altered in Bridge or three shots as this image was and put through tone mapping..... :(

Anyway, this is Winnats Pass in Derbyshire last night at sunset.

WinnatsHDRcopy.jpg

sky looks nice, dunno whats happened to the green though. I cant comment, not into HDR at all. I find its a cheats way of calculating the appropriate filtration ect.

As soon as I saw your shot I new it was Winnats Pass, or the Devils Ar@ho:e as it's also called.

Nice composition, but it seems a little flat. I find this a lot with Photomatix and normally adjust the curve in LR to bring a bit of contrast back

Yes, a tripod was used but even that was having issues staying still in the howling wind that was coming down the hillside - hence the shots are not as perfectly lined as I would like.

I know it's not the best HDR attempt, but as they say, practice makes perfect and all that.....

my best hdr shots come from 3 seperate exposures as opposed from 1 RAW file. also if using photomatix, sometimes tone mapping is not the way to go, have you played with the different "combine" highlight and shadow options?

decent image but the greens let it down, looks unnatural

dave

The foreground seems to lack detail, its become a bit of a washed out sea of green, any chance you could post the origional middle exposure for comparison?

The sky has come up nicely though!

lol, I remember this from being a kid, always smells of burnt out clutches :p

Try bringing the gamma down if you try it again. Also don't put the strength right up to full force, or the saturation, do it gradually from about 50% until you're happy with the results, whether you want it to be a more natural HDR or dramatic. Having played around in PSPPx2 with this one you posted, it seems the gamma may be your problem. I could be wrong though.

Back