Yet another redsnapper question

Name
call me anyhting u want
Edit My Images
Yes
I've decided to go for Manfrotto 055, now I'm torn between the Redsnapper RSH-12 Ball Head and Manfrotto 488RC2/RC4.

Anyone have an experience with both, how do they compare? Is one better than the other? In what respect?

Maybe I should ask Joe, but I thought I'll ask here first.

Cheers

I just sold a similar head to the ones mentioned to replace it with a 322RC2 - I'd recommend this over any standard ball head...

If you haven't bought the 055 already you could have a play with my Redsnapper (now why does that sound so wrong ).

I've got the 3-way head but it should give you an idea of the level of quality to expect with the ball head

I'm in the market for a new tripod too after being disilkusioned with a cheapo Aldi one. You get what you pay for really....

Anyway, I have looked at and had budgetted for a Manfrotto 055XPROB and a Giottos ball head, somewhere in the region of £170-180. Then I found this forum and I someone mentioned Redsnapper....

They have a good following here so I'd like to ask a couple of questions if I may:

1) How does it compare to the 55XPROB? I can live without the horizontal column. I just want to know quality and stability wise.
2) Considering I had my mind set on spending about £180, would the Carbon Redsnapper be a better choice than the Alu one? I often go hiking and have a 5 day trek planned in July.

With the 10% discount is it a no brainer and should I just call and order? :)

Thanks.

I'm in the market for a new tripod too after being disilkusioned with a cheapo Aldi one. You get what you pay for really....

Anyway, I have looked at and had budgetted for a Manfrotto 055XPROB and a Giottos ball head, somewhere in the region of £170-180. Then I found this forum and I someone mentioned Redsnapper....

They have a good following here so I'd like to ask a couple of questions if I may:

1) How does it compare to the 55XPROB? I can live without the horizontal column. I just want to know quality and stability wise.
2) Considering I had my mind set on spending about £180, would the Carbon Redsnapper be a better choice than the Alu one? I often go hiking and have a 5 day trek planned in July.

Thanks.
Redsnapper Carbon great piece of kit and great service from RS, Haven't heard anyone complain about them apart from wish they had heard of them sooner!

Thanks.

Sorry i can't answer your questions, but I found a cheaper but similar to the redsnapper in case you're also searching.

Well, I'm pleased to say I've just taken delivery of a very spanky carbon RedSnapper tripod and ball head. I ordered it yesterday afternoon at about 2pm and it was delivered about 30min ago. Excellent service!

First impressions are that it is a very well crafted bit of kit and for the price its quite a steal.

Order the Redsnapper! If you want one for hiking I hear the Carbon one is good but when I was comparing them I was under the impression the weight difference wasn't that great between Carbon and Aluminium.

I have the carbon tripod and I think the ballhead is about the same weight :D

Well, I'm pleased to say I've just taken delivery of a very spanky carbon RedSnapper tripod and ball head. I ordered it yesterday afternoon at about 2pm and it was delivered about 30min ago. Excellent service!

First impressions are that it is a very well crafted bit of kit and for the price its quite a steal.

Have you found the pocket inside the bag with the shorter centre section yet?

Back