Yet another Waterfall...

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
Bear with me guys, I am new to this and combining the waterfall shot and HDR was probably wrong but here's the results from about an hour ago at Virginia Water!:
cascadeland1.jpg

cascade1.jpg

i like, i am a fan of the creamy look, and you have captured it well. i dont think it looks over done. do you have any shots of the waterfall without the creaminess?

Funnily enough I dont! I had a circ polariser on the front of the lens and it was about 6pm so light was down, leaving me with shutter speeds that gave the movement.

Will try and remember to take a proper capture next time!!!

I like the shot a lot but not keen on the sky.it looks strange like the harsh effects of the burn tool in PS.;)

i think the sky ruins the first shot. i really like the exposure of the second shot anf think you have got away with the sky simply because you cant see alot of it. your shots look a bit static and think most shots of this fall is prob from your POV, i would have been tempted to get down low for a different perspective.
thanks for sharing

dave

I love HDR and the waterfall at VW is the only one I have ever found in my area.

Much better than my efforts of it, although as mentioned the sky looks really odd in shot no1

i think the sky ruins the first shot. i really like the exposure of the second shot anf think you have got away with the sky simply because you cant see alot of it. your shots look a bit static and think most shots of this fall is prob from your POV, i would have been tempted to get down low for a different perspective.
thanks for sharing

dave

Cheers for that Dave, I was out on a rock in the water but could have got the legs of the 'pod splayed out and gone a bit lower, anything else would have involved swimming trunks!!

Back