Yet more colour seascape shots

Couldn't pick a fave, there all top notch images.

1st one for me Alf, that swirl is great.

Thanks Tom
The swirl is why that frame was chosen it took a few shots to get that action

Last for me - I like the "big" view type shots the best and the feel of the last just relates to how I see the world. Foregrounds are great but I am more an eyes up person rather than an eyes down person if that makes sense.

Thanks Steve
I can see what you mean about distant shots I think it shows in your work

1st for me too Alf, lovely stuff

Thanks Si

Couldn't pick a fave, there all top notch images.

Thanks Steve

It's a tough call between 1st and 2nd. Both are great. I like the splash on the rocks and the sky colour of the 2nd just a bit more.
The sky makes all 3 shots work, but both the 1st and 2nd have lots of great foreground interest. The 3rd has no foreground interest and for me makes it the weaker shot.
If you could have found a composition that had the sky, the mountain range and say a small boat as a little bit of interest in the bottom of the image, that would have made it.
It's tricky, when you look at a skyline with your eyes, you see a much wider view than you would with a telephoto lens, which cuts out everything apart from the smaller focal point.. Once you do that, is it still as pretty without the surrounding scene? I think this is why I struggle to get telephoto landscape shots to work.

It's a tough call between 1st and 2nd. Both are great. I like the splash on the rocks and the sky colour of the 2nd just a bit more.
The sky makes all 3 shots work, but both the 1st and 2nd have lots of great foreground interest. The 3rd has no foreground interest and for me makes it the weaker shot.
If you could have found a composition that had the sky, the mountain range and say a small boat as a little bit of interest in the bottom of the image, that would have made it.
It's tricky, when you look at a skyline with your eyes, you see a much wider view than you would with a telephoto lens, which cuts out everything apart from the smaller focal point.. Once you do that, is it still as pretty without the surrounding scene? I think this is why I struggle to get telephoto landscape shots to work.

Thanks Alistair
The shot of the isle of man has no foreground as it about 30 miles away and is for instance in the other two shots which were shot at 8mm (16mm on 35mm format) and the IOM shot was at 77mm (144mm on 35mm) then cropped down to ratio

Back