Yet more water droplets

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry peeps, but being that it seems to be the thing to try at the moment, i figured i might as well give it a go too.

Click for large.

Thanks for looking (y)

How do you get it in focus like that, I've just sat down for [checks clock] over an hour and i've not got any in focus its really hard to do, used a small bowl and a poppet, 70-200 with 3 Extension tubes, 150w worklight clamped next to the camera facing the bowl.

Just can't get that kind of shot.

How do you get it in focus like that, I've just sat down for [checks clock] over an hour and i've not got any in focus its really hard to do, used a small bowl and a poppet, 70-200 with 3 Extension tubes, 150w worklight clamped next to the camera facing the bowl.

There's another thread by a lady who explains she held a straw vertically in the middle of the bowl where she was going to 'land' the droplet from a syringe.

She focussed on the straw and then carried on as normal.

The syringe was probably clamped in place.

Make sense?

Last edited:

before i tried this i layed an item directly across the centre of the bowl (I used a wooden spoon) where you will be dropping the water, and use manual focus to get the best focus, then remove the item and snap away whilst trying to drop water in the same place.

I must have cheated from what the other answers have been :naughty: I just set continuous focus and followed the water down from the tap. Took about ten shots :shrug: Just lucky i guess.

I like it, it's a bit different from the norm good effort! (y)

Thanks all for the compliments (y) I might even try it with a tripod next time :thinking:

I like this a lot - as a newbie, the thought of doing something like this terrifies me (far too complicated for my little brain at the mo!).

I think it's an excellent shot x

Looks like the tiles are pretty sharp in this shot so you could place a picture against the tiles to refract in the drops for a more pleasing image. Well taken shot any how ;)

I like this a lot - as a newbie, the thought of doing something like this terrifies me (far too complicated for my little brain at the mo!).

I think it's an excellent shot x

Thanks, its actually not that hard, just time consuming. These were all hand held too.

Looks like the tiles are pretty sharp in this shot so you could place a picture against the tiles to refract in the drops for a more pleasing image. Well taken shot any how ;)

Thanks mate, i'll give that a try (y) Should be easy enough as i have plenty of space behind the tap.

Back