Yoko Ono

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
crw_0033.jpg

Yoko Ono was in Liverpool on Sunday to visit her ‘Skyladders’ installation at St Lukes church. Its grown since I first saw it. Essentially the idea is that you drop off a ladder with a personal message on. Ladders aren’t just things for standing on while you remove wallpaper, they are steps that take you one bit closer to the sky.

:LOL: well she is about 75 Gary, she looks pretty good for an OAP all things considered, or maybe its Petes photography ;)

Last time I saw her, was in a video clip alongside J.Lennon! :)

I guess that was a wee while back.

Gary.

Was it a private shoot Pete? Love the pic, and what a clever idea too :)

It was. Invited press only. It is an interesting idea. Apparently its based on something she gave to John many many years ago. Its classic art. You go there and its a bunch of ladders in a church with no roof. WTF? Thats pretty boring. But then you read about it, stop and think, and well its a nicer way to think of a ladder.

You would have to either break into the church or get it past the people on the only entrance / exit.

It was. Invited press only. It is an interesting idea. Apparently its based on something she gave to John many many years ago.

Well, it's how her and John met. She had a little art exhibition studio set up in NYC and John came walking in, climbed one of the ladders, and wrote a message on a note board she had hanging from the ceiling above. At first she was offended and thought he was rude and then her American friend told her who he was. She put away her offense and whipped out her claws. Catch! :D

And yeah, she turned 75 last February making her almost as old as I.

Last edited:
Did you get much one on one time with her Pete? Did you manage to engage her in conversation at all? :)

Cool Tessy. I heard it was something but didn't know the full details. Exhibition makes even more sense now and makes it that bit nicer. Betty, I didn't get any time. It was proper pap style shooting. She turned up and met with the director of the Biennial. We got some snaps. He moved out the picture and we got some more. She donated a step ladder and we got a couple more. Then she left.

Back