yongnuo RF602 and nissin di866 mkii compatibility?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Now I'm either doing something terribly wrong (more than likely) or Houston, we have a problem!

I have a set of 602's and the di866 mkii - the 602's work and drive my other flash heads (albeit connected via a cable) and the flash works when mounted on my camera - so all components are 'functional'!

I have set the flash to 'remote' and connected the 602's and it won't flash - is there a problem with the compatibility of the camera, wireless set and flash or otherwise? (or have I got the wrong setting - have tried all of them to be honest)

If you set the flash to remote, it expects to be triggered by the infra red signals from a commander enabled pop up flash or a speedlight such as SB700, 800 900 or 910, or the SU800 commander unit if you are Nikon. However, you're a Canon chap, and therefore substitute the likes of the EX580II or the equivelant commander.
Switch it back to standard operation and then switch it to manual and dial in whatever strength of light output you require.
The Yongnuo triggers are not iTTL or eTTL for that matter. They simply tell the speedlight to fire, nothing more

Thanks Michael - see I knew I would be doing something wrong -:bonk: all working in manual mode, cheers (y)

Back