Yongnuo Trigger / 580 Ex II URGENT :(

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Help. Wedding in the morning and just realised one of my triggers is playing up... in fact I think it's more the flashgun.

I have a YN622C-TX transmitter which has the LCD control screen and two YN622C receivers. One of them works fine attached to a 580 ex ii. The transmitter allows me to have full control.

The second one is again attached to a 580 ex ii but I don't seem to be able to control it at all. It'll still fire no problem but only to whatever setting is on the flashgun. Tried the other trigger on said flash and doing the same thing so narrowed it to the flash itself. Am I missing g something really daft?

Thanks in advance!

I've had problems like that when 1 or more rechargeable batteries weren't accepting a full charge. I bought a smart charger to find out which batteries were problematic and put fully working batteries in my gear & all worked again.
Maybe worth buying some alkalines tomorrow to test if you don't have a way to test your batteries.
Good luck.

The suspect remote 622C receiver is probably in Mix Mode. This mode disables remote control for that device. The channel indicator stays lit in standby when this mode is active.

Press [CH] for several seconds, until the channel indicaor winks. Release; the channel indicator should not be on, and the unit will be back in remote mode.

Thanks for your help, are you two on the night shift in here? lol

Tried it this morning again, was expecting the problem to be the channel indicator to be on as I use eneloop batteries and they have been used very little since Christmas but all fully charged yesterday.

CH light wasn't flashing so was able to rule that out ...Sadly lol

Thought I'd try the batteries. Took the rechargeable out and put in normal Duracell's from the TV remote and it worked!...even stranger though I put the eneloop's back in and now they work too which has me back to square one lol

Hopefully get me through the day! Thanks again :)

Not night shift but half a world away.

If I suspect a battery problem, my first action is to re-seat the batteries, then roll them around to polish the contacts. This quite often restores reliability.

Back