Yongnuo Wireless Flash Tranceivers - YN-622C

Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
No
Just wondering who has purchased these new Tranceivers from Yongnuo and what results they are getting.

If anyone has these in the Midlands area, I would love to have a chat with you and pick your brains!

Me.

Excellent.

Enormous thread on potn.

Not in Midlands.

Yes, Excellent bit of kit for the money, really simple to set up.

Ebay I got mine from but a UK seller, couple of quid more than HK but arrived in 3days.

I find that mine need to be reset every now and again as they appear to be working but no settings get picked up by the flash, but other than that they are great.

Glad to finally see affordable wireless TTL triggers hit the market with most of the features anyone would need. The Af Assist is major plus and seperates these from the other triggers. Will be using flashguns in the future instead of studio heads..

You can use them with studio flash too.

I can get a clean 8000th with tail hypersync easily with them, but with the usual limitations of this method.

TTL is their trump card though. Yes, centre point focus assist is excellent.

Every other trigger seems very expensive now, though it wont stop me getting 600exrt in the long run though.

Last edited:
Me.

Excellent.

Enormous thread on potn.

Not in Midlands.

Thanks Kris, where are you located? I have looked through it and found it very helpful http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php also the instructions by Clive Boulton "The Other YN-622C User Guide"

I have been finding the HSS with studio flash to be a brilliant feature. Love it!

Hi Andy,

which Lencarta studio lights are you using at present and have you used others with the 622's?

Malcolm

Last edited:
I've had very good results with mine

Hi Rigsby, so what did you get and what camera and speedlites do you have.

Where abouts are you in the Midilands?

Malcolm

Last edited:
Been using mine for about a month now with Canon 580 EX II and 430 EX II speedlites. The triggers work a treat and no problems with misfires.

caglistro.

Hi John, you have a similar setup to myself with 7D, 580EXii and 430EXii, but I recently aquired another 580EXii, so have been playing around with these. No problems with ETTL and control of each speedlight via the camera. Just getting into the HSS now and not sure if I can use a combination of lights in different groups for this. Reading all I can and making slow progress.

Would be good to get someone in the Midlands location that we could get together and compare notes.

Cheers
Malcolm

alexam said:
Hi Andy,

which Lencarta studio lights are you using at present and have you used others with the 622's?

Malcolm

My lights are pretty old, not sure exactly what lencarta call them, they are rebranded U2 Photon lights. They're the only ones I've used with the 622's.

My lights are pretty old, not sure exactly what lencarta call them, they are rebranded U2 Photon lights. They're the only ones I've used with the 622's.

As long as they still work the way you want them to, it doesn't matter about age. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to the human body! lol

Thanks for the info, hope all goes well with you.

Malcolm

These just look like Pixel kings which I use on my Lencarta Safari and Elite Pro's and work fine. I am in the Midlands (Redditch) but will have to a look at these Yongnuo Wireless Flash Tranceivers - YN-622C to what the difference is to pixel kings.

These just look like Pixel kings which I use on my Lencarta Safari and Elite Pro's and work fine. I am in the Midlands (Redditch) but will have to a look at these Yongnuo Wireless Flash Tranceivers - YN-622C to what the difference is to pixel kings.

Hi Tim,

This may help you http://youtu.be/NTUuFGTHskY and rather than a review, a user guide has been produced.
docs.google.com/open?id=0B77...kJHX3RkdDJlNE0

Hope this helps.

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm,I can see that Pixel kings are more expensive then the YN 662C
I paid at Focus £75.00 just for and extra receiver, that always happens to me.
What are you trying to figure out in HSS with your three strobes?

Thanks Malcolm,I can see that Pixel kings are more expensive then the YN 662C
I paid at Focus £75.00 just for and extra receiver, that always happens to me.
What are you trying to figure out in HSS with your three strobes?

Just the settings. I'm a bit slow in learning these days but getting there. I want to do more with speedlites and have the facility for the ETTL off camera as well as the HSS when needed.

I have four of the Y-602's and 2 triggers and no problem with them on speedlites or the Lencarta E300's, but the new 622C's looked so good, I thought I would give them a try. I can also use the 602's in 'piggy-back' on and of the four 622C's if needed.

You doing much shooting these days?

Malcolm

Last edited:
I need to sort out where I am going next I have finished in total 3 years at college
and a year working as a 2nd for a Wedding photographer and unsure where or what to do now. I really enjoy the weddings be its very competitive market, well saturated would be more like it. I did some family shoots last week, and some dark-field lighting , while studying I would always go to Redditch today for the remembrance paraded and in two minds to pop up there.

They are very different from Pixel Kings. Full Canon Ratios for starters. On top flash.

The 622 will take 300v through its PC port, 6v through its hotshoe.

Elv has a short comparison at his site:
http://flashhavoc.com/yn622c_review/

If by "centre point" you mean the upper centre point ;)
Both of mine are off centre.

Mine (all six) are slightly high, but fine from four foot away for centre point. I guess it maybe that they test them on lower spec canon bodies, rather than the pro (larger bodied) versions. Better than Canon's RT and Pocket Wizard who cant even be bothered to fit one at all. I even have one where the body of the 622 is skewed slightly while sat on the hotshoe, but the IR assist is centred, so there must be some sort of adjust-ability built in to them at the factory.

Last edited:
I have 5d and 580 flash. Lots of controls through the 622 that I haven't even started to play with

If you haven't been keeping up with the various treads on this new trigger system, if iots any use to you, I've just learned how to trigger the camera wirelessly when having several speedlites set up in different groups (or just one). The method is use the YN-602 trigger and receiver attached to the camera port.

Last edited:
Thanks lostsoulal2, I have corrected it now.

Malcolm

Back