Yongnuo YN 560ii and TX 560ii?

Name
wayne clarke
Edit My Images
Yes
Anybody know if these are compatable for off camera flash? If so how do you get them to talk to rach other, I tried google and youtube, but they seem to be always about the later model, none I found showed the two I have.

Looks like the wireless receiver was only added in the 560iii

From the 560iii description;

Yongnuo YN560 III is an upgraded version of ultra popular YN-560 II manual flash. It now comes with built-in RF-603 wireless trigger..

IIRC for the YN560ii you need a separate external receiver that fits on the flash gun hot shoe

Ahhh. Well the bloke I got them offf didnt know how they worked (which made two of us ;)) but he does have a mk 4 as well, he scrounged off them someone else, I bought them dirt cheap, I can easily get the mk4 as well (should have at the time thinking about it) Now I figured out the mk2 for slave setting, and it works fine in both manual and basic slave( flash triggered), I'm quite happy with manual, I used Metz 45's for years.
If I use the mk4 linked to the trigger and the mk2 as a slave I should be good to go?

Ahhh. Well the bloke I got them offf didnt know how they worked (which made two of us ;)) but he does have a mk 4 as well, he scrounged off them someone else, I bought them dirt cheap, I can easily get the mk4 as well (should have at the time thinking about it) Now I figured out the mk2 for slave setting, and it works fine in both manual and basic slave( flash triggered), I'm quite happy with manual, I used Metz 45's for years.
If I use the mk4 linked to the trigger and the mk2 as a slave I should be good to go?
Yes, that should work.

Update, Got the mk4 today and after spending ages fiddling about (and watching a few youtube videos) I figured it out, works fine with the mk4, and couriously enough with the new YN 650 EXRF, although the setting up is different. You can change the power from the camera, and the zoom mode. Not tried it But I suspect the 650 will only work in manual with this version of the transmitter, so no ETTL.

Back