Yongnuo YN460-II or YN-560?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
As the title suggests, which would I be better off buying..a Yongnuo YN460-II or YN-560?

I only need it for doing basic portraits, and shots at family parties. I need to use it on-camera.

I could get the YN460-II for £45 or the YN-560 for £63..

Considering the prices, do you think I would be better off paying the extra £18 for the 560, or is it not worth it?

Thanks,

Rob :)

Last edited:
Personally I would choose the YN-560 using the old adage "get the best that you can afford"

The YN-560 has a (manual) zoom setting, which will help you extend the range, YN-460 is fixed at 35mm. The 560 seems to be also better built and recycles faster. There's a PC sync port and external power pack connector as well.

That said, I would definitely look at a TTL flash for "family parties" where you are moving around and the light changes. Or in general, if you only have ONE flash, a TTL gun makes a lot of sense.

The YN-560 has a (manual) zoom setting, which will help you extend the range, YN-460 is fixed at 35mm. The 560 seems to be also better built and recycles faster. There's a PC sync port and external power pack connector as well.

That said, I would definitely look at a TTL flash for "family parties" where you are moving around and the light changes. Or in general, if you only have ONE flash, a TTL gun makes a lot of sense.

Metz 36 AF-4 for Nikon is about £68 it is TTL only but you can adjust your flash exposure on your camera. if that helps!

Yongnuo also does the YN-467 in Nikon iTTL, not sure if the YN-468 is out for Nikon yet. Should be also under £70.

For on-camera work you don't usually want a manual flash.. it's better for off-camera work where you can set up the lighting and then move around + compose with the camera.

Don't mess around, pop into cameraworld in chelmsford and give the lads £109 of your hard earned smackers, you can then walk out with a nice shiney new Nissin Di622 that will do pretty much everything you need it too, the bonus being if you later add another gun or want to use this one off camera with your built in flash as fill in, you can as it has a built in slave function, manual and TTL flash, auto zoom, bounce and rotating head, diffuser and catch light panel, flashgun stand with tripod thread and a soft case.
Oh forgot to add it works with wireless ettl/ettl II with my canon gear so would imagine it will work in wireless ttl mode with nikon gear.

I have a Canon 580 ex, 430 ex and ST-E2 controller now, but my Di 622 works fine with them so its being kept and used.

Last edited:
Back