yongnuo yn560iii any good

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
i do mainly wildlife photography ,but as i shoot with a 1d3 i have no built in flash ,i've been considering a yongnuo yn 560 iii as a cheap bolt on flash gun for using as a fill in flash basically on the odd occasions i might be taking something in the shadows or for close up work i.e insects .and for the odd family pics at xmas etc .
i know it hasn't got TTL or anything but is this a good basic model or not as there e/baying for around the £50 mark from u.k suppliers .and putting it in perspective last time i had a decent flash gun it went half way round europe with me and got used once in two years .
don't want to make a mistake and buy to cheaply but don't want to pay mega bucks for something that won't get used enough or even properly

If youre not planning to use it regularly and it's for on camera use, I'd advise an ETTL gun. S/H if necessary to get to your budget.

since posting this i have read the reviews on amazon ,and surprisingly not one complaint ,think i'll go for one .

If you can afford the ettl version it is much easier for occasional use as you don't have to mess with flash power.
what model is that one please carl

The built in wireless on the 560 is great. With a cheap 602 or 603 trigger they are excellent for OCF. If you're only going to use on camera then ettl might be a better option though with the 568.

I bought two of these years ago (for off camera use). When I opened the box, I was amazed how similar they were to Canon 580EX2s.

I still have them and they are still going strong. Great bit of cheap AND reliable kit!

Back