Yonguo YN560 IV - used off-camera

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I have a YN560 IV that I'm trying to use off-camera. Using a Yonguo Trigger has no direct effect (YN622C Tx, with latest firmware v1.15)
Q1. Is the incompatibility of these items to be expected? Any configuration suggestions to resolve this?

Mounting the Flash on a remote receiver (YN622C E-TTL) works - but only if the Mode on the Flash is set to "Tx". To this beginner, this seems odd. I would have expected it should be Mode= "Rx".
Q2. does anyone have any thoughts/advice about this?

The pitiful (content, presentation, language) official guides are of no assistance.
Q3. Does anyone know of a link to user guidance/tutorials for any of this specific equipment?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Q1 I think it might be, there is a transmitter specifically for the 560’s (not 100% certain) though there may be some way of making them work together
Q2 Yes, when putting the flash in rx mode you’re telling it to ignore the hotshoe command.
Q3 Yes there is, it’s called the TOYUG (the other user guide)

Thanks Phil V.
Found that TOYUG - seems much more informative.
And it has other helpful links; even one back to this forum. :rolleyes:

M.

Last edited:
Thanks Phil V.
Found that TOYUG - seems much more informative.
And it has other helpful links; even one back to this forum. :rolleyes:

M.
To be fair, a couple of years ago there were tons of YN622 users on here, but we’ve mostly moved over to Godox.

I've used 560 IVs for years now, and they always work fine with my 560 TX (the bigger screen version)

I have an AD200 with similar trigger - 4x the price and for me its been a PITA as it has an intermittent triggering fault that only ever becomes a fault at a Wedding where I can't afford it to be a PITA !!!! Grrr

Dave

Back