which do you prefer?

Votes: 34 94.4%

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
In an attempt to improve our rudimentary photography skills, my girlfriend and I have embarked on a weekly photo competition, based on consecutive alphabetic themes. The challenge being to take photo's that are technically competent and that stretch us creatively.

We alternate each week who chooses the theme, which has to begin with the next letter of the alphabet. We have one week to complete, prior to sharing, but thought that external review from fellow TP'ers would also be helpful.

And so onto this week's theme - Odd

please let us have any feedback, critique, or just vote which you prefer (y)

oddm.jpg

odde.jpg

Thanks for looking, all feedback appreciated, or just a quick vote via the poll (y)

Thanks to all that have viewed, commented and voted on the previous weeks theme's :love:

M

Another vote for the Star Wars figures.

Cute idea and really nicely executed - sharp and a nicely balanced exposure. The second is a more mundane idea and the exposure and composition are not great (too much of the dark shoes on the dark background).

Thanks for the feedback and voting Dale & Mathew, much appreciated.

Feel free to have look over the previous entries if the mood takes you - we welcome all feedback (y)

cheers,

M

Almost too hard to choose!

However, the better lighting on #1 gives it the edge. If #2 showed more detail in the shoes, it would have been a dead heat.

Defo No.1 great shot & I like the added humour of the way the first white stormtrooper is looking to his right and saying WTF......lol

lego stormtroopers for me too I'm afraid.

only nitpick I can call on this is the clipping of the gun shadow of the black stromtrooper. Everything else works great.

whereas the shoes and socks look a bit hastily done, edges of shoes cropped out, folds in backdrop, and I'm not sure two odd shoes AND two odd socks work... for me that says "different" rather than "odd". :thinking:

The gradient in background behind the stormtroopers and the lighting just says more time spent on this shot - and it has paid off (IMO).

Graham, Gaz - thanks for the feedback, really helpful and good pointers for us to improve (y)

cheers,

M

GazBower said:
Defo No.1 great shot & I like the added humour of the way the first white stormtrooper is looking to his right and saying WTF......lol

Exactly that, made me laugh. :)

No 1 for me, as stated its the way the stormtrooper is looking just makes me want to laugh. Great idea Mark to have this as a way to improve your photography.

Thanks Pip (y)

don't forget to vote :D, and feel free to have a look / comment / vote on the previous themes...:)

M

Back