You spin me right round baby, right round

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I've decided to post this as my 20,000th post on TP I never did realised just how wonderful an online community could be I really do love almost every second that I'm on TP, and that's down to the wonderful members of the forum and of course the amazing hard work of the wonderful chaps and chapess' that comprise the green team they do a great job that they don't get enough thanks for (y)

Anyway in the last week I've been playing with merging photos into a single scene and this is one that's proved very popular :)

It's a Curved World (Explored) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As with all my photos comments and critique are both welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Happy 20k Post, Matthew!

And that is an excellent photo to mark the occasion, I think you have pulled it off very well.

20,000 !!! Have you got nothing better to do? LOL

Superb shot to mark the occasion though. I know you've done a tutorial but would you like to share a bit more about the techie bits for this one.

Rubbish.....;)

Really, well another cracker. Lovely red in the trails, well composed and the star trails, I keep expecting the Tardis to come flying out of the middle!!

Cheers.

Lovely shot Matt
How many exposures did this take and how long

Ziploc said:
Lovely shot that shows a lot

Thanks I'm glad that you like it :D

Billy said:
Superb as always Matt.

Cheers Billy

Ian D J said:
Happy 20k Post, Matthew!

And that is an excellent photo to mark the occasion, I think you have pulled it off very well.

Cheers it's an amazing milestone to reach that's for sure :) glad you like the photo too I'm very pleased with it :D

Delta Skies said:
20,000 !!! Have you got nothing better to do? LOL

Superb shot to mark the occasion though. I know you've done a tutorial but would you like to share a bit more about the techie bits for this one.

Nope nothing better to do than hassle the good folk of TP, as to the techy details it's basically merge of two separate photos the star trails were shot in one location somewhere around the 220 x 30s exposures around the f/4.5 @ISO2000 the light trail was about 90 seconds ISO100 f/22 basically open ended the two files as layers in a single file using a really soft feathered eraser tool to delete what I didn't want finally merging the visible to see what you get here...hope that helps :D

Just Dave said:
woop woop congrats Matt :)

Thanks Dave :)

posiview said:
Rubbish.....;)

Really, well another cracker. Lovely red in the trails, well composed and the star trails, I keep expecting the Tardis to come flying out of the middle!!

Cheers.

Thanks Andy glad that you liked it :D tardis would be cool if anyone wants to try the edit box is always ticked ;)

Gr8Shot said:
Lovely shot Matt
How many exposures did this take and how long

All told there's about 3 hours worth of shooting here and maybe 20-30mins of editing

Archies said:

Thanks

Matt

Nope nothing better to do than hassle the good folk of TP, as to the techy details it's basically merge of two separate photos the star trails were shot in one location somewhere around the 220 x 30s exposures around the f/4.5 @ISO2000 the light trail was about 90 seconds ISO100 f/22 basically open ended the two files as layers in a single file using a really soft feathered eraser tool to delete what I didn't want finally merging the visible to see what you get here...hope that helps :D
Cheers Matt. The image is still impressive no matter how you achieved it but it's always interesting to learn the techniques.

so many posts so little time :eek: congrats Matt and I love the image, something Ive not tried yet but seeing this has inspired me to try it

Thanks for sharing and may your 20,000 post soon become 30,000 posts :D

Les (y)

Delta Skies said:
Cheers Matt. The image is still impressive no matter how you achieved it but it's always interesting to learn the techniques.

No worries Peter for me it's all about learning and trying out new tricks :)

Lez325 said:
so many posts so little time :eek: congrats Matt and I love the image, something Ive not tried yet but seeing this has inspired me to try it

Thanks for sharing and may your 20,000 post soon become 30,000 posts :D

Les (y)

What can I say I'm a noisy bugger that likes to be heard ;) glad you like it, as to 30,000 posts go know its not a race though is it ;) so long as I can continue to be a positive addition to the forum you'll still have to put up with me ;)

No worries Peter for me it's all about learning and trying out new tricks :)

What can I say I'm a noisy bugger that likes to be heard ;) glad you like it, as to 30,000 posts go know its not a race though is it ;) so long as I can continue to be a positive addition to the forum you'll still have to put up with me ;)

Im sure we'll all cope with putting up with you Matt :LOL:

Les :D

Congrats Matt. :clap:

Super job for #20000. (y)

And Andy's contribution is pretty good.

Thanks Alan I'm glad you like it :) it's been easy racking up 20,000 as its on the whole such a wonderful community to be a part of :)

I think Andys is wonderful I love it :D

Cracking image, Matt; really creative stuff. Congrat's on the 20k posts too - I am struggling to reach 1,000!

Spooks

Spooky said:
Cracking image, Matt; really creative stuff. Congrat's on the 20k posts too - I am struggling to reach 1,000!

Spooks

Thanks Simon, it's easy to do when you don't really watch telly lol not to mention being in my 3rd year of POTD's you'll hit 1k before you know it ;) glad that you like the photo :)

Back