you tube

Name
mat
Edit My Images
Yes
if i wanted to copy a model from one pic and put it on to another what would i search for on you tube to see how its done

cheers

mat

You mean cutting someone out and pasting on another picture?

yeah i think

im not sure what its called so didnt know what to search for.

been trying for hours but its very hard, i want to use it for pics of my kids

Youll need to use the lasso tool either the normal one or polygonal, seacrch those on youtube and there will be lots to look through.

cheers mate

i did try and do it myself so not to keep asking you lot my millions of quesstions but just come to a dead end

thanks again bud

Well I never knew about that extract tool, so I learned something too and been using PS for 8-9 years! There is so much to learn, everyone starts somewhere.

thing is the extract isnt where he say it is, i think he must be using a different cs im using 5 maybe he is on 4

Extract filter isn't in CS5, sadly adobe removed it, you can download the filter free from adobe and install it yourself (along with all the other things they took out)

if i wanted to copy a model from one pic and put it on to another what would i search for on you tube to see how its done

cheers

mat

Mat the extract tool is obsolete if you have cs5... theres a new magic tool in it called 'refine edge' which is just amazing around hair... try this youtube tutorial.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUIcQ1nXkWk. That is without a doubt the way to do it properly and easily.

(dont forget if you are taking a photo knowing you want to change the background or put the subject into another scene, you want as much contrast between the subject and background as possible.... eg it will be difficult if you have a photo of a brunette a against a brown wall.)

Sorry but completely disagree.. yes theres always multiple ways to do things in Photoshop but that video is from 2008... The software has moved on considerably since then, and the extract tool no longer exists in CS5 (which the OP said he is using) and although you can get it online its not there for a reason... the Refine tool I mention above (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUIcQ1nXkWk) has both replaced and exceeded it! In CS5 it is the simplest way to select people.

Back