You won't see many Gitzo owners do this!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hold leg and base in a tight grip and make the clean cut...

Base_01.jpg

... and voila! Parts seperated! My precious bushing is free at last!
rock.gif

Base_02.jpg

Explanation?

A brilliant idea not completely thought through... :wacky:

Lesson learned. New leg has arrived. Price $80... one of my cheaper escapades! :D

Would it not have been better to drill the bolt out? :thinking:

Well I know some pictures say a thousand words, but these sure don't :thinking:
That part must entirely be up to the viewer! :wave:

And the moral of the story is??????
If you ever get an idea and think it's brilliant - take a deep breath, step back and think it over again the next day! (y)

Would it not have been better to drill the bolt out? :thinking:
The bushing rotates freely inside the base... tried locking it with an expansion bolt from the other side, but simply impossible to prevent rotating...

I'm working on an update of my C3770T review, as "Life with Benro -year one", and like to shoot the steps, I'm taking with this gear.

Thought I would share these rare shots, as I find it hard to believe anyone - Gitzo owner or any other - may be as stupid as yours truly! :LOL:

Could you have taken the head off the bolt with a grindette and then pushed the bolt out?

Could you have taken the head off the bolt with a grindette and then pushed the bolt out?

Possibly but - horse - stable door - bolted (pun) etc.. :)

Ha! Wouldn't have helped! :D

Here's the bushing (or is just bush? stupid dictionary don't know the word "bøsning" either
rolleyes.gif
) - as you can see, it rotates inside the base... locked in between the fork...

Base_03.jpg

Btw. I don't really find the price for the spare part to be that big.

After all it's handled directly by Benro, then shipped to DC Stuff in Hong Kong, where Mr. Chan made the package and shipped it to Denmark.

Back