young love

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
This beautifull pair of lions were just wandering around the enclosure, but never very far apart. :love: (shot through glass white balance adjusted)

_MJR7511.jpg by Mike Rockey, on Flickr

Last edited:
The crop is a bit too tight for my personal pref, but I can't fault the photo on anything else ;)

the tight crop was intentional to get rid of most of the wire in the back of the shot. thanks for your imput though (y)

I think with the fact the wire is so OOF - a less tight crop would have worked

I think with the fact the wire is so OOF - a less tight crop would have worked

i,ll set up an edit and see what you think back sooon (y) ok edit done it now looks too zoo like :shrug:

Last edited:
Its a great pose no doubt about that (y)
The fence is not really a problem as such being so OoF, but the "upright between the two lions is distracting.
A quick smack with the clone tool (or blur tool) will sort that.
I would also give that rock under the lioness's chin the same treatment if it were me.

Its a shame that you clipped the 2 front paws, but thats hardly noticeable. :)

But IMO its rather over sharpened, and the what ever you did to the WB has left a
ruddy tinge, on the chest and face of the lion, and on the right flank of the lioness

Agree with Cobra re: the upright being a problem but the fence not. The rock didnt bother me initially but I can see where Cobra is coming from.

Hope you dont mind but I had a quick play - I used the clone tool to get rid of the upright - cropped slightly on LHS to remove one of the rocks and cloned out the other - and used the channel mixer to tone down the 'red' a bit. It's a very rough play mind!

lions.jpg

Hope you dont mind but I had a quick play - I used the clone tool to get rid of the upright - cropped slightly on LHS to remove one of the rocks and cloned out the other - and used the channel mixer to tone down the 'red' a bit. It's a very rough play mind!

lions.jpg

so why remove the rocks? :shrug: no i don,t mind thats why i have the edit my photos logo checked.:)

Last edited:
so why remove the rocks?

I would have just removed the one under the chin
as its a distraction being in direct line (pretty much on the same 1/3rd)
and therefore conflict with the lioness face

Well you should have left the first one up for comparison, but if I'm perffectly honest it's worse, still has the magenta glow on the cheek and chest of the male and should etc of the femsle
No pleasing some people is there :D

Back