Young Woodpeckers.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I was really surprised to see these heads out this morning and that advanced red crest on these young. It looks like this nest is more advanced than I thought and these young are going to be fledged and gone very soon.

4336_12820246054bfd2011980c7.jpg

4336_5999633864bfd201b6b15a.jpg

4336_20224117964bfd201651cce.jpg

7D, 500mm F4L, 800 ISO

Wow,Fantastic:clap:

Nice job - lovely captures:)

Lovely series CT.

Good catch CT, so good to see the young like that. Cracking shots too, lovely colour and detail (y)

Nice work Cedric (y)

Many up there? I haven't been able to get up, bet I will miss them now :(

You'll probably be OK for a few days, but I'd get up there ASAP Dan. They'e not sticking their heads out on every visit from the parent(s) just yet, but it will get more frequent.

There was just one other guy turned up briefly while I was there - otherwise- dead quiet.

I actually went up there looking for the Jay today. I saw him a couple of times but he was busy goin' places.:D

I was only getting 1/200th at f4 with the 500mm (wide open) on the hole at 800 ISO, and it's really not fast enough - the heads of both birds are moving like trip hammers when they're tranferring food.! I was shooting at 8fps and these are the only sharp shots out of a shed load!

I actually went up there looking for the Jay today. I saw him a couple of times but he was busy goin' places.:D

When I went up yesterday CT, there were a lot of toggers with cameras shaking Swan Vestas boxes in the air :eek: Anything to do with you :shrug: :LOL:

I was only getting 1/200th at f4 with the 500mm (wide open) on the hole at 800 ISO, and it's really not fast enough - the heads of both birds are moving like trip hammers when they're tranferring food.! I was shooting at 8fps and these are the only sharp shots out of a shed load!

That makes me feel so much better about my keeper rate recently!!!!:D

30 minutes away makes it unlikely we'll see these babies on your bird bath then!!:(

Tara

Great captures CT . not a sight you see everyday :clap: is it just the one of spring, or is there more ? Good luck with the Jay (y)

Wow! Simply Wow!

I was really surprised to see these heads out this morning and that advanced red crest on these young. It looks like this nest is more advanced than I thought and these young are going to be fledged and gone very soon.

4336_12820246054bfd2011980c7.jpg

4336_5999633864bfd201b6b15a.jpg

4336_20224117964bfd201651cce.jpg

7D, 500mm F4L, 800 ISO
simply amazing!

Great captures CT . not a sight you see everyday :clap: is it just the one of spring, or is there more ? Good luck with the Jay (y)

LO cheers Steve. I think there's just two youg 'uns in this nest -possibly three ,but it's hard to be sure. Once they've fledged that's it for this nest -I'm pretty sure they only produce one brood a year.

Cheers Cedric!

Reckon I will try but looking at your tech info my gear will struggle lol!

I won't giveup without a go though :D

Don't ever do that Dan - take loads of shots if you can - you'll nail 'em!

Caught the moment perfectly in #1 Ced`s :clap::clap: but all spot on. Btw, you got that Wren nesting in the garden this year again?

Caught the moment perfectly in #1 Ced`s :clap::clap: but all spot on. Btw, you got that Wren nesting in the garden this year again?

Thanks Rich. Not seen much of the Wrens this year Rich - they're certainly not nesting in the garden. Not even seen 'em about much. :shrug:

Awesome and beautiful shots as usual CT.
Thanks to smoothedits mum, I now know where a pair have young uns and hopefully some decent shots will follow.

looks like the light was better CT they will be going soon

Yes- it was quite overcast yesterday Kaz - in fact a bit chilly standing about. The light was loads better there than it has been - too much cotrast to deal with!

Back