xvickyx

Suspended / Banned
Name
Vicky
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have just brought the

Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 mkII + motor (Nikon fit) NEW IF Version

Ans I was wondering if this is a good lens, as the reviews I have read are pretty mixed, managed to get it brand new for £123 :)

Cheers
Vicky

Ah I see well the company i brought it from on the title says NEW IF VERSION? But I can't find anything on google about it.

I have to say I know nothing about the lens itself, but I would guess a 70-300mm lens for £123 isn't going to be the best thing in the world. However, that is a bargain price so you can't argue. With good technique and decent PP you should get some pretty good results from it. What sort of photography are you going to use it for?

The one in the link looks like the old version, without the motor. I had a read at a few reviews and it users seem happy with it optically, especially at the price - getting one with a built in motor for that sort of money sounds like a pretty good deal to me (y)

Awesome :) cool

I just want it for general shots, going to scotland soon, so want some decent shots, I know it isn't a true macro but wanted to get used to different lenses before splashing out on a expensive one :) I am pretty new to this photography lark hehe.

Warehouse express have the AF with built-in motor for £123.99, the OP's question was about IF, internal focusing and I have not found that on any of the Tamron sites for this lens.

Awesome :) cool

I just want it for general shots, going to scotland soon, so want some decent shots, I know it isn't a true macro but wanted to get used to different lenses before splashing out on a expensive one :) I am pretty new to this photography lark hehe.

I've just looked at your website and there is some good stuff on there. It isn't a true macro lens, but you will still be able to do good macro shots with it. It's all a journey. I look back on stuff on my flickr from a year ago and think it's shockingly awful, but I was very proud of it at the time.

Thanks, I am a work in progress LOL, but I just love taking photos.

Indeed it is a journey, I am still yet to try manual mode.. bit scared of that lol

Thanks, I am a work in progress LOL, but I just love taking photos.

Indeed it is a journey, I am still yet to try manual mode.. bit scared of that lol

:LOL: I tried it and went back to shutter priority for the majority of my shots. Using TV or AV you do pretty much have manual control, using exposure compensation and/or ISO to alter the shot as you see fit. I should use manual mode really, but I get good enough results using shutter priority, and it frees my brain up to think about other things like composition

Back