Critique Your thoughts please macro people

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, so ive been out for the 1st real time since getting my Tokina macro lens, no bugs though, this is just a field test and I would like your input as to sharpness ect, I`m not looking for crit on composition/brightness as this is just a test.

Thanks for looking.

View attachment 30424 View attachment 30425 View attachment 30426

Number two is very nice and the correct amount of sharpness for a flower. Have you got a filter on the lens?

Number two is very nice and the correct amount of sharpness for a flower. Have you got a filter on the lens?
Hi and yes I have a filter on, just a hoya UV to keep the dust off the lens as its set back.
Thanks for your feedback, I'm sure I'll get better shots with this than the other lens I've used in the past.

Bokeh is amazing... i personally like #2/3 best
Cheers Bryn, as above, hope I'll improve on my shots now as you will when your Venus arrives :p

Hi and yes I have a filter on, just a hoya UV to keep the dust off the lens as its set back.
Thanks for your feedback, I'm sure I'll get better shots with this than the other lens I've used in the past.

I used to get Bokeh like in your first shot, which is not as nice as it could be and someone told me it was because of the filter, I never used one after that day. I have been trying to find a few shots of mine with the not so pleasing bokeh and they are all on my hard drive rather than Flickr. It used to happen most when i used the 50mm 1.4 lens wide open the bokeh was always weird. I found one shot on flickr which kind of shows what i mean.

IMG_3404 by T0P cat, on Flickr

I used to get Bokeh like in your first shot, which is not as nice as it could be and someone told me it was because of the filter, I never used one after that day. I have been trying to find a few shots of mine with the not so pleasing bokeh and they are all on my hard drive rather than Flickr. It used to happen most when i used the 50mm 1.4 lens wide open the bokeh was always weird. I found one shot on flickr which kind of shows what i mean.

IMG_3404 by T0P cat, on Flickr

My lens only works on f22, I don't mind the bokeh as it goes but thanks for that, maybe I'll try a shot without the filter.

Back