Ystradfellte

Dino f

Wiiiiilmmmaaaaaaaa
Name
Dean Feltimo
Edit My Images
Yes
I'd be the first to admit I'm not the greatest landscape photographer, I just lack patience.
I have a lot of respect for those that do it well.
Anyway, had a short weekend away at Ystradfellte after seeing it on Secret Britain.
Here's one of my attempts.

CC welcome
Dino

The water has blown highlights,so too are the foreground rocks. What i mean is, you exposed for the Green/Dark part of the scene. The camera then see's this as "dark" and it gives you an exposure that will make the green "OK" at the loss of the brighter parts of the scene. So the areas that the actual light is falling on (the water and the top of the rocks) become over exposed. The trick is to balance all the areas, you could take a few shots at different settings. Learn to use the Histogram , if you check out this image you will find its to the right of the histogram, which means you have the whites overexposed.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you were shooting into the sun, which makes it more difficult

Nothing that photoshop cant fix.

Last edited:
Done a quick edit in Photoshop ( Some here might have a better edit)

Brightness brought down to -85
Ran a Velvia Action to enhance the greens

waterfall_zpsklbtxobj.png

2p
the 'edit' looks too dark to me on the LHS as details of the rockface have been lost

the 'greens' are just right for a leafy glade ..:)

my eyes are distracted by the white patch of still water bottom centre right - crop or clone..?

a lovely spot - well worth lotsa visits during the changing seasons IMO

Back