Zebra and Giraffe Contrast

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Good Evening,

I would be most grateful for more in depth critique and advice on this shot. I was trying to get the contrast between the two patterns, together with them standing in opposite directions which I quite liked. Can't decide about whether to go colour or black and white..

Many Thanks,

A

In B&W
giraffezebbw.jpg

In Colour
giraffezebcolour.jpg

I really like the B&W one, but REALLY like the colour one. I would be tempted to crop the dark areas in the top corners to just leave the animals colouring.

Thanks Dave. Know what you mean, I will try the crop at the top, I left it initially though so that I got both "manes" in...I guess ideally I could have done with another Zebra at the top!

I really like the B&W one, but REALLY like the colour one. I would be tempted to crop the dark areas in the top corners to just leave the animals colouring.

Took the words right off my keyboard:D

I like the idea. The giraffe is a bit out of focus, though. An easy fix would be to duplicate the image on top, sharpen until the giraffe is sharp, and paint (the layer mask) to take out the over-sharpened zebra. Also, the colour of the giraffe is a bit dull compared to the bright whites and dark blacks of the zebra. Again, try fiddling a bit with the colours/levels.

Last edited:
Back