Zenfolio website

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone got any feedback about Zenfolio websites?

I read a fairly comprehensive review of Zenfolio in this month's Photo Pro Magazine but just wondered if anyone here had tried them.

All the online reviews seem to be stacking them up against Smugmug. Zenfolio seem to be America based - just like Smugmug - but I'd like to know a little more about selling images via them.

One of the problem with Smugmug for me is that you are unable to price images in anything but US Dollars.

I use Zenfolio and i am very happy with it.
www.photographicclarity.co.uk

It is very good for creating galleries, you can put different prices on different events, lock some for passwords, take card payments with Zenfolio or paypal.

You do not have to use on of their printers, i just use them for a front end and just print everything myself.

The mail problem is that if you forward your whole domain to them it messes up your mail...!

But other than that it is very good. They updated it recently and it has been a bit slower but hopefully that is just a glitch...

Have a look and if you like it use this code CZS-RJR-UVR to get $10 off the price..!

I use Zenfolio and i am very happy with it.
www.photographicclarity.co.uk

It is very good for creating galleries, you can put different prices on different events, lock some for passwords, take card payments with Zenfolio or paypal.

You do not have to use on of their printers, i just use them for a front end and just print everything myself.

The mail problem is that if you forward your whole domain to them it messes up your mail...!

But other than that it is very good. They updated it recently and it has been a bit slower but hopefully that is just a glitch...

Have a look and if you like it use this code CZS-RJR-UVR to get $10 off the price..!

When you say it 'messes up your mail' can you expand upon that?

Many thanks for the code. :)

I used the option to forward my entire domain to zenfolio but that meant that my mail stopped working, looking back in hindsight i may have messed something up with my forwarders or something.

If you can be bothered i am going to change it in the future to gallery.photographicclarity.co.uk and just point a sub domain to them but manage the rest of the site myself.

Mac

I have redirected my entire domain to ZenFolio and my mail is absolutely fine! No problems at all.

My entire site was built using ZenFolio, if you'd like to have a look? It is:
http://www.summersound.co.uk/

I always recommend them whenever I see a thread about them pop up! Completely happy with the service.

I used the option to forward my entire domain to zenfolio but that meant that my mail stopped working, looking back in hindsight i may have messed something up with my forwarders or something.

If you can be bothered i am going to change it in the future to gallery.photographicclarity.co.uk and just point a sub domain to them but manage the rest of the site myself.

Mac

If you forward the entire domain, you lose your emails of course. I just put redirect code in the index page (y)

Zenfolio is very very nice. Setting up selling and priceless is a breeze. You can link it up with lightroom and upload your images direct..
You can make slideshows that embed in websites..

I love it!!

Only been using it for 2 weeks too.

You can forward the domain using a cname. Leaves your mail where it is but gives your domain name in the browser bar. It's all explained on the zenfolio site.

The only issue I have is that I can't view the zenfolio site at work. I've only got IE7 and FF 3 so that might be it, but it is a consideration.

Your sites look great, guys. I think I'll give the 30-day trial a go and see how it looks. I've got a clickpic site at the moment but I'm looking for something a little more individual but I also need a site that's as easy to maintain as my current one.

Back