Zenit E and Chinon CE-4

Edit My Images
No
I'm totally new to all this, but here are some scans from a roll taken not too long ago:

chinonme.jpg

That's From the Chinon.

Here's one from the Zenit:

zenitcake.jpg

I hope you enjoy, there are loads more on my blog, the links in my sig if you're interested. Really appreciate any feedback.

Interesting and good to see someone else trying the 'old-fashioned' film thing. I've been into film for about 18 months and, as usual, have gone a bit overboard buying cameras trying them and selling them on. What I have found is that some of the so called cheaper (i.e point and shoot of their day) produce stunning pictures. Also rangefinders are brilliant, even un-coupled ones such as the Ensign Selfix range which take 120 film and produce wonderful, sharp images (have a look at the film set in my flickr account) for a small outlay.
Hope you carry on enjoying film photography, I think that with a digital camera you take a picture but with a film camera you make a picture.

Chjeers

Andy

Hi allthingsold. It might be your scanner, but neither of these shots primary interest points are as sharp as I would expect from these cameras (which I have both of also). If the lens on the Chinon is a Chinon prime they are capable of very good results. Likewise, the Helios 44-2 normally fitted to the Zenit can be quite sharp, but perhaps not so at the wide aperture you probably needed for the second shot. It shows the bokeh that these lenses are famous for quite well though. I love shooting with my Zenits, I think that they are my favourite cameras!

Back