Zoe + new toy (Sigma 50mm 1.4!)

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Sharing a few shots from my first shoot with the Sigma 50mm f/1.4. Really delighted with this lens - I find wide-open it's worth taking a few of each scene to make sure you've nailed focus, but I can live with that. These are jpgs SOOC except for some cropping. The exposures and saturation probably want tweaking but I'm on my work laptop without Lightroom installed.

Worth clicking on the yellow bar to see them full size - they look sharper that way!

C&C always welcome,

Thanks for looking

Phil

#1: f/1.4
p44027422-5.jpg

#2: f/1.4
p143108711-5.jpg

#3: f/1.4
p421032377-5.jpg

#4: f/2.0
p494090067-5.jpg

Last edited:
No. 1 for me. Nice bit of back lighting and I like the composition too.

Thanks guys - I'm looking forward to tweaking them on larger, calibrated screen.

Looking good and thanks for posting. I am dithering at the moment on getting a 50mm f1.4 and this has been a great nudge.

Donald

Locations are better in 1 and 2. 3 Is ok but 4 is spoilt by a bit strong of a flash.
Next time, get her when she's more naturally posed. In fact, don't "pose" her. She's clearly not model material - and I honestly don't mean that as an insult... when people who don't know how to pose try it, it looks awkward. Especially in the first one.

mustanir said:
Locations are better in 1 and 2. 3 Is ok but 4 is spoilt by a bit strong of a flash.
Next time, get her when she's more naturally posed. In fact, don't "pose" her. She's clearly not model material - and I honestly don't mean that as an insult... when people who don't know how to pose try it, it looks awkward. Especially in the first one.

Agree that flash to hot on 4 - will tone it down in PP.

As for the 'not model material' - I'm a little mystified by this - I happen to like the pose in number 1, but it was one of many different ones that she posed herself. She IS a model although this was her first outdoor shoot.

Liking 1, particularly the composition and pose. Great backdrop too, although slightly distracted by that car poking in on the far left.

Back