Zoo shots from today

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Was great to meet up with everyone, had a great day (y)
I went on a mad, unbelievably fussy sort through my images & only picked a few that I thought were worth seeing the light of day.
C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

Actual background! Have no idea what was behind this little guy at the time?
Marmot_blend_001.jpg

Not to everyones taste I'd imagine but was fun to do :)
3_Elephants.jpg

I am gutted that I was off on the focus for this & would definately not post this image normally (due to it annoying me that I just missed the shot) - but had to on account that it is the closest I have ever got to a decent jumping sealion pic I thought I'd include it for the sake of completion :puke:
Jumping_sealion001.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

Terrific Elephant shot Mike.(y)

Timing was spot on on the Sealion, as you say shame about the focus, you'll just have to go back and try again

Very good shots indeed there mike well impressive

sealion
so u did get one you little tinker you.lol its off on focus where??? looks good to me but im tired and on my lappy
but for true completion ..unleash the ducks you must have 1 out of the hundreds u took mate
great to meet you and your mortar (y)

Sheer class! Still a great sea lion shot! (y)

Cheers Phil & CT - my hundreds of duck shots mysteriously disappeared & reappeared as two, really boring duck shots!! :LOL: But if you are desperate to see ducks, I'll see what I can do :LOL:

Doh, sorry mate, looks like you'll have to look to fatgit for your duck fix - Thought I did - but It doesn't actually look like I have any duck shots at all :shake: Whats a trip to the zoo coming to when you don't come back with at least a few duck shots :cautious: :LOL:

Great shots Mike, elephant pic is my favourite (y)

Mike

Thanks Andrea,
I have selectively sharpened the sealion image to death & it looks terrible up close - only ok for web viewing :p The face was not even slightly in focus so I cheated in photoshop. I have no idea how they manage to organise staying out of my way? I think they are in league with Matt & Sue! :cautious: :LOL:

Really like what you've done with the elephants there Mike, wonder if they'd be interested in buying a proper print for their wall ;)

The marmot in the first shot is framed perfectly, these guys were on that grassy hill so he had grass/mud behind him or possibly just whatever shed was beyond the enclosure.

Nothing much wrong with the sealion shot, the focus looks fine to me, its probably just that his head is at a funny angle to your camera and so you've not quite captured that once in a lifetime shot you keep on telling me about when we're around there ;)

These are all excellent (y)

...You guys!!!!
All whittering on about that fantastic elelphant shot when we have the cutest, fluffiest, most beautiful, furry, fluffy little squidery-type creature before it! (Marmot did you say Matt?)

All lovely shots of course ... and yes the Nellies shot is absolutely ace ... love the composition.

But incase you hadnt noticed my fave is the 1st shot.
I love the processing, the tones, the focus ... everything about it.... such 'ahhh factor'
Its just gorgeous... you guys'll make a girly girl of me yet!

Hi Mike, Great shots, suprised you didn't slip another Jaguar shot in there, or maybe it's because you shot them onto my card, they are superb, how much do I owe you??
Regards Kevin (Helen & Amy)
ps. was great to meet up with everyone again, thanks for a nice day.

Its just gorgeous... you guys'll make a girly girl of me yet!

I'm sure thats going to happen Glo :D :p
Glo_marmot.jpg

Hi Mike, Great shots, suprised you didn't slip another Jaguar shot in there, or maybe it's because you shot them onto my card, they are superb, how much do I owe you??
Regards Kevin (Helen & Amy)
ps. was great to meet up with everyone again, thanks for a nice day.

:LOL: Cheers Kevin, was great to see you, Helen & Amy again - where are Amy's photos then? They'll be putting mine to shame so probably best if you told her to hide them somewhere :LOL:

He he.

All great shots well converted (y)

Stunning photography. Sheer talent that.
Did you take a 300 and 600mm prime?

nice shot of the sealion glad u got one after the amount of time we were there and good timing with the water,

where is the one of the ducks lol

All those shots are superb....very well done. (y)

Superb shots those Mike it was a pleasure meeting you

Back