Zoom burst shot

andy_fozzy

SPAM Merchant
Name
Andy!
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a first for me. But saw Bryan Peterson demonstrate this on YouTube, and thought I'd give it a go!

Here's the result:

(Click for full size)

I like it, but do you?!

Ive been meaning to try that and after seeing your's im definately giving it a go. I like that a lot!

Ha Ha Andy Ive been having a go at that today, Brian Peterson ;), wonder how many more of his inspired stuff we'll see.

great first effort :clap:

OOo that's good experimental stuff. Mind you, you could get away with saying those are sun rays showing up in mist. :D :)
Good work! And I may give that a go myself.

A bit too abstract for me mate:) - but I can see how some might like it.

That's interesting and different Andy... Zoom as you shoot ?

(y) cool, thanks for the info.

I like that andy - looks very symmetrical and makes you think you are looking right up!

I tried a similar effect after visiting London in April

mini-IMG_2560.jpg

mini-IMG_2396.jpg

Personally, I'm not sure if I like them, or if I just tried to make a badly focused photo look better!!!!

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Anth

I like that andy - looks very symmetrical and makes you think you are looking right up!

I tried a similar effect after visiting London in April

mini-IMG_2560.jpg

mini-IMG_2396.jpg

Personally, I'm not sure if I like them, or if I just tried to make a badly focused photo look better!!!!

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Anth

Ooh I like them mate. They make my eyes go funny :nuts:

Very good :clap:

It's quite a 'getty images' shot to make, the small images on BBC often feature this kind of shot around (say) an ambulance or police car, as a 'cool' stock image... looks cool, well pulled off, I've never managed to do one of these, but My suggestion would be to leave it maybe for the first second to 'burn in' the central image, before you then pull out with the zoom, so that the picture has a focus, rather than being abstract.

It's quite a 'getty images' shot to make, the small images on BBC often feature this kind of shot around (say) an ambulance or police car, as a 'cool' stock image... looks cool, well pulled off, I've never managed to do one of these, but My suggestion would be to leave it maybe for the first second to 'burn in' the central image, before you then pull out with the zoom, so that the picture has a focus, rather than being abstract.

A very good idea indeed.
I shall try it next time, and also use a tripod!

when I was trying it today I was turning the camera to zoom not using the lens to zoom seemed smoother, I havent got a image to show you as I was just testing so dumped them all

Satisfying to create 'in camera' but so simple to generate in Photoshop - which is a bit of a shame really!

Rog

A very good idea indeed.
I shall try it next time, and also use a tripod!

Sounds as if this would give less abstract, and for me anyway, more appealing results.
Be interesting to see your next experiments Andy.

Like that too Andy, watched the Bryan Peterson video for this effect last night and also thought about using for my 365

I think the technique can work and in this instance I do like the effect. (y)

Used this technique in this shot from my trip to Oz in April. Didn't get much in the way of feedback so discounted it as not being to others taste ..... maybe I was wrong?

3429985491_369e2ddb6c_o.jpg

Also used it for a competition entry [POTY] Round 5 - December - "Festive/Celebrations" of my xmas tree.

Back