Zoom or Fix Macro Lens

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Should I get a Zoom Macro Lens or a Fixed one? What difference would i see

Fixed at 1:1 ratio will give best results. Plenty of threads detaling the types.(y)

I though that was the case

Topic close as i now going Fixed

Bump.

I can reccomend the Sigma 105 EX DG if you can afford it (about £240ish). It gives a decent working distance for bugs etc and has amazing iq. Hope this helps(y)

That the one I been thinking of getting from Jessops for 259.99 is that a good price? Cant find it any lower in the UK

You'll get it slightly cheaper on ebay but from Honk Kong. So I'd go for it from Jessops. I got a 40D from them last week and it was only about £20 dearer than elsewhere.

I don't think there are many macro zooms, infact I can only think of one, Nikon 70-180 af.
Mostly they are fixed focal length, or pretend macros, the ordinary lenses with a macro switch that isn't actually macro.

I stuck a thread on last night in the Macro section called 'More Fishing Flies' These were taken with the 105. Have a look.

Now someone keep telling me to get the Canon Macro 100mm they said it faster and everthing is internal barrel or something. And that the sigma the barrel extended

Now someone keep telling me to get the Canon Macro 100mm they said it faster and everthing is internal barrel or something. And that the sigma the barrel extended
The Canon 100mm macro stays the same length when you focus; all the parts which move are internal. The Sigma 105mm macro extends by about 2"/50mm when you focus. Having a lens that doesn't extend is more convenient. But the Canon costs more. Only you know whether it's worth the extra money for you.

But would I see much in performance? Why do people say it good to have everything internal i guess save damage?

Back