Zooooooo...

Jimmy_Lemon

TPer Emeritus
Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Few more Zoo shots, really wanted to test out my 70-300 Sigma as I havent had much chance since I got it. I was suprised at how sharp it can be - just wish it would keep that sharpness in anything less than bright sun.

anyway...here are a few of mine, the rest are in my gallery HERE . Comments welcome, as I have never done any photography like this before.

An otter shortly after feeding time (got here just at the right time, bright sun and no one else around)
otter2.jpg

My first shot of the tigers and the best one I got all day! typical
Tiger2.jpg

The VERY cute red pandas - I was starting to struggle with shadows now, was about midday and very sunny
RedPanda1.jpg

Was a bit suprised to see the penguins were just walking around in some grass - think I have expected snow
Penguin2.jpg

I got loads of Meer cat shots - they are just posers, hard to get detail in their dark eyes though
Meer4.jpg

Meer1.jpg

Didnt see many monkeys - but caught this one at the very end of the day - BIG CROP!
Monkey.jpg

There were four of us waiting for these sea lions to do this wall jump the other way around - I think some of us were luckier than others, I only got shots of them with theirs backs to us!
Sealion11.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Nice shots JL.
I have the Sigma 70-300 too and you're right, it can produce really good shots esp for the money. But it needs good light (in my experience), not just to get the sharpness, but mainly for focus speed / stop excessive 'hunting'. I want a big decent lens but I'm too tight to buy 'owt (as Minimeeze knows :D )

Otter and Penguin are great.

Rich

I'm so jealous of the tiger shot! It was so hard on the sea lions not to blow everything out. You did fabulous and I you have nothing to worry about since you did fine even if it was your first time with the animals... Anyway great set. I looked for you but I was surprised at how busy it was considering it is just March.

Must get to a zoo again - I like these and the Penguin is the stand out shot for me closely followed by the Otter having lunch!

Good stuff Tom, really liking the Otter & Tiger shots though.

Thanks everyone :)

Just added a few more that I have processed. Including a few more Penguins and otters:
penguin3.jpg

otter3.jpg

and another Meerkat for good measure :)
Meer5.jpg

Great set of pics there especially like the Merecat (if thats how its spelled) You know what i mean anyway.

Love the Otter shot Tom, excellent Tiger shot too.

Mike

Good shots in all.
The 2nd fullsize meercat is better as it is fully in focus.
Like the tiger too, might benefit from a lighting tweak?

Back