Beginner Zorki 4K issues

Name
Callum
Edit My Images
No
Hi!
I’ve just inherited a Zorki 4K from my great grandfather and I’m a bit of a beginner to this all. I’ve put film in it and gone to wind the film with shutter lever (not sure of its proper name) and it winds without a final click if that makes sense. The exposure count goes up by one and the shutter button isn’t able to be pressed. I was wondering if anyone could figure out the issue from my vague and probably rubbish description.

Looking at mine where the lever moves from the 7 O'clock position where it joins the right most dial to the 6 O clock position before starting to catch and there is a soft whirring sound as you push it round - and the shutter speed knob turns with it - until the 1230 position where it stops and the shutter is cocked with a soft click.

There is a label on the back

IMPORTANT

1. Wind shutter before setting speed
2. Do not leave speed dial on slow speed
3. Three dots on release unit must be in line before winding shutter

If little serated the dial under the shutter button is not rotated to line up its dot (roughly - this is after all a Zorki) and the red dot on the shutter button with the dot on the body below then the shutter won't cock.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the advice, but sadly I still haven't fixed the issue. I'll try to get it moved, thank you!

Back