F&C meet up 18th May 2024

I'll be bringing my 6x17 camera along so if anyone wants a go with it (only 4 shots per roll of 120) bring some extra film.

Also, do we need a copy of an unusual newspaper, or a rose in a pinhole to recognise each other?

A copy of next week's Socialst Worker and a camera of soviet origin?

I've met you and Nige albeit a while ago but I don't think there will be that many people with analogue cameras. Also, assuming I get parked at the visitor centre, I'll be in a White VW Transporter T5 - there's likely to be a few of those about though.

I've met you and Nige albeit a while ago but I don't think there will be that many people with analogue cameras. Also, assuming I get parked at the visitor centre, I'll be in a White VW Transporter T5 - there's likely to be a few of those about though.
I was thinking the same being as I haven't met any of you, but then I thought I'll just wave my TLR in the air and wait for you all to come flocking!

We could maybe set up a WhatsApp group (assuming everyone uses that) to make sure everyone can fine each other on the day.
Also PM'd

Well I've checked I've got a good selection of film so only the small matter of deciding which cameras to bring!

I'm refusing to check the weather forecast yet though...

I am really hoping to come to this; it still depends on some delicate domestic negotiations!
Would be good to see you Chris. "Flowers on Friday"? :)

I would love to join you, but regrettably I can't manage it this time. :( :( :(

Sorry you can't come, Stephen. This is looking like a small and select group. Are you coming, @srichards ?

Some logistical questions... rather than hang around a car park, should we meet in a coffee shop? Lunch in a pub?

I think you can use PayByPhone using a web browser on your phone if you don't want to install the app. I've used it a few times that way.
But still need an account and trust someone with your credit card details again... I'll try to rustle up the cash (£6.80 for 4 hours to all day).

Well with less than 24 hours to go I've checked the weather forecast... Overcast but dry. Not ideal for photography but preferable than getting soaked. I'm makeing sure I've £6.80 in change. Sees you all in the car park!

Some logistical questions... rather than hang around a car park, should we meet in a coffee shop? Lunch in a pub?
It's a nice car park :) Hopefully we can all arrive close to 10:30 so there isn't much hanging around and I don't know any specific coffee shops. If someone is going to be late hopefully they can WhatsApp, if not we can pick a coffee shop and post where we are on this thread

We have a two hour plus drive, and my wife is coming too (she'll likely be meeting a friend). I'm a bit concerned about our departure time! Aiming for 8 but that's VERY early for us... Nige has my phone number, I won't be able to WhatsApp while driving, nor access the thread.

2 hour+ drive for me too. I'm sure it'll be fine and we'll make it work :)

Just wondering if I should put up a notice to see if anyone from the general hoi polloi wants to join us? Too short a notice for most folk but there might be someone local or in the area? I'm inclined to do it unless someone is dead set against

Just wondering if I should put up a notice to see if anyone from the general hoi polloi wants to join us? Too short a notice for most folk but there might be someone local or in the area? I'm inclined to do it unless someone is dead set against
Whatever you like, I'm easy, go with the flow etc. Anyway I've got to go and do that tiresome thing called work so will check this thread later.

It's a shame I can't make it, but it's a bit too far from Northern Ireland having only just moved - SWMBO would not be amused! I shall try to get out with a film camera here on my own instead.

It's a shame I can't make it, but it's a bit too far from Northern Ireland having only just moved - SWMBO would not be amused! I shall try to get out with a film camera here on my own instead.
That sounds an excellent plan, I hear they have some hills there too!

Bag packed. Still umming and aahing about what film to take.

Just finished packing but I'm sure I'll be thinking of things that might come in handy for the next few hours.

... Where did I put that spare kitchen sink

Oh maybe I'd better put another couple of rolls in... and maybe another lens? I'm (only) taking 3 cameras!

I've got an extra roll of 120 in case I can get a go with Ian's 6x17. Do I need to bring my tripod, @Harlequin565 ? (I hate tripods.) Maybe I'll stick the monopod in...

Anyone thinking of strenuous ascents? Wondering about a walking pole...

I've got an extra roll of 120 in case I can get a go with Ian's 6x17. Do I need to bring my tripod, @Harlequin565 ? (I hate tripods.) Maybe I'll stick the monopod in...
Yes you need a tripod with it, but mine is going in the car so you can borrow that if you need to. I have an Arca plate permanently attached to it.

Unless you like trying to shoot handheld with a cable release on a camera that handles and weighs like 2 housebricks.

Back