Heat.

12°-C here at the moment, it was nice and bright earlier but has clouded over now. Only a slight wind with rain forcast for later.

We had a miserable day yesterday, rained for about 90% of it.

Today is supposed to be better but not so far, we have heavy showers. I'd hoped to make a start on rebuilding my fence but that may be tomorrow now. At the moment, we have a clear sunny spell but the clouds look ominous not far away. Not windy and 12°.

Not ALL along the South coast!!! Not too cold but fairly wet now, although we did stay mostly dryish on the course this morning.

Turned out not to be a bad day. I managed to get one fence post in and it's not bad digging either, mostly soft soil. I even worked a sweat up and ended up in a t-shirt.

Then, I started on the 2nd hole, the heavens opened. I thought it was a passing shower but it seems set fair, for now. Currently 14°C though, at 6-30pm.

Turned out not to be a bad day. I managed to get one fence post in and it's not bad digging either, mostly soft soil. I even worked a sweat up and ended up in a t-shirt.

Then, I started on the 2nd hole, the heavens opened. I thought it was a passing shower but it seems set fair, for now. Currently 14°C though, at 6-30pm.
You're not having much luck with the weather re getting that fence up,Dale.

We may get thunderstorms late tomorrow. In any event very heavy rain coming up from France. I blame Brexit . They've had it in for us since we voted to leave... :D

13°-C here this morning with sunny intervals and light wind.

You're not having much luck with the weather re getting that fence up,Dale.

Very true John. My biggest problem is the wind. Whilst not horrendous, it is enough at times to possibly rock the posts as the postcrete sets, which will result in a hole slightly bigger than the post itself and then a wobbly post. It looks like it's going to be relatively calm for a little while though, so I'll dig posts holes while the sun shines. :LOL:

It's been a lovely mornng so far, blue, almost cloudless skies at times. Little wind and currently 14°C.

Aye, lovely blue skies today and a warm sun (is there any other kind? lol)

Very true John. My biggest problem is the wind. Whilst not horrendous, it is enough at times to possibly rock the posts as the postcrete sets, which will result in a hole slightly bigger than the post itself and then a wobbly post. It looks like it's going to be relatively calm for a little while though, so I'll dig posts holes while the sun shines. :LOL:

It's been a lovely mornng so far, blue, almost cloudless skies at times. Little wind and currently 14°C.

Yes. I saw on the TV weather forecast this evening that you're in for some warm sunny weather and I said to my wife..." Dale in Ayrshire will be able to get on with his fence" and she laughed. I said it only because, as you know, she's from Ayrshire..Newmilns.

We're getting a monsoon-like deluge as I post. I can hear it. About 3.00am we're getting the thunderstorms in the region but knowing my luck they'll miss us. :rolleyes:

Yes. I saw on the TV weather forecast this evening that you're in for some warm sunny weather and I said to my wife..." Dale in Ayrshire will be able to get on with his fence" and she laughed. I said it only because, as you know, she's from Ayrshire..Newmilns.

I've probably mentioned it here somewhere but I am Welsh Valleys born and bred, a mining town called Tredegar. I moved to Ayrshire in 2005. I know Newmilns quite well, pass through it a few times a week. I do love Ayrshire/Scotland,

We've had a nice day, I've had the excitement of digging holes again, 30 inches deep and 12 inches wide, not the easiest thing to do. At least the weather was good, no wind, dry but with some hefty clouds, which closed in about 6pm. I packed up and headed indoors as the first rain drops fell. It didn't come to much though and it's dry again. Currently 11°C at almost 10pm..

Something similar to THIS makes digging post holes a LOT easier! As cheap to but one as it is to rent for a few days. An auger type one is another option but unless you have 20+ to do, probably overkill!

Well we've had no storms or rain here just yet, it's 13°-C at the moment and heavily overcast with a light wind.

Again, stayed dry (from the ankles up, at least!) on the course this morning. Soggy underfoot in places but no rain while we were out there.

I've probably mentioned it here somewhere but I am Welsh Valleys born and bred, a mining town called Tredegar. I moved to Ayrshire in 2005. I know Newmilns quite well, pass through it a few times a week. I do love Ayrshire/Scotland,

We've had a nice day, I've had the excitement of digging holes again, 30 inches deep and 12 inches wide, not the easiest thing to do. At least the weather was good, no wind, dry but with some hefty clouds, which closed in about 6pm. I packed up and headed indoors as the first rain drops fell. It didn't come to much though and it's dry again. Currently 11°C at almost 10pm..

Ah yes. I do recall ou saying that you moved from Wales. Tredegar ? Not far from Merthyr. Do you have a South Wales accent,then ?

What a let down..for me. We were forecast thunderstorms which Iove to watch and photograph. Knowing my luck we'd miss them and we did. :rolleyes:

When we're choosing somewhere to go for a holiday abroad I always check on the frequency of thunderstorms but don't tell my wife. Lol.

Something similar to THIS makes digging post holes a LOT easier! As cheap to but one as it is to rent for a few days. An auger type one is another option but unless you have 20+ to do, probably overkill!

Cheers Nod. I did look at those, then a mate brought me a vesrion of it round but it's a single, narrow shovel type thing, with a very long, heavy handle. It's a beast. Luckily, it's quite easy digging, it's mostly soft soil with some small rocks now and again. It get's difficult beyond 20 inches deep as it's impossible by them to scoop the lose soil with the shovel, it's hten a hand and knees job. It's taking roughly an hour per hole, so not too bad, I'll just chip away at it, only 4 to go.

Do you have a South Wales accent,then ?

'course I do mun Butt, Welsh en I ? :LOL:

No storms here today, although it has been windy (still is) but a lovely,sunny day besides that. Not a drop of rain so far and currently 16°C

Last edited:
It's the getting the waste out of the hole that the double spade thingy makes easier less difficult. Great fun scooping the loose stuff out with an enamel mug, innit?!

Cheers Nod. I did look at those, then a mate brought me a vesrion of it round but it's a single, narrow shovel type thing, with a very long, heavy handle. It's a beast. Luckily, it's quite easy digging, it's mostly soft soil with some small rocks now and again. It get's difficult beyond 20 inches deep as it's impossible by them to scoop the lose soil with the shovel, it's hten a hand and knees job. It's taking roughly an hour per hole, so not too bad, I'll just chip away at it, only 4 to go.

'course I do mun Butt, Welsh en I ? :LOL:

No storms here today, although it has been windy (still is) but a lovely,sunny day besides that. Not a drop of rain so far and currently 16°C
Lol..It's my favourite accent. We've been to two biannual 1000 Male Voice Choir events in the Royal Albert hall.I have the LP. I see it's called Festival of Welsh Male Voices Choirs now.Isn't this wonderful ? Gives me goosepimples hearting them https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2024/festival-of-massed-welsh-male-voices/

I happily stood for the Welsh anthem (but couldn't sing it of course...lol) It's more than I do for ours. Favourite songs..Myfany and Calon Lan and of course, the anthem itself.

I only stand for ours so I don't embarrass my wife...lol. Bit off topic but last time we were there for a concert to do with some anniversary I looked round and more people weren't singing the anthem than were .I was quite surprised. I think people feel obliged to ,at least, stand.

It's been raining steadily here since the early hours and has no sign of stopping yet. Currently 10°-C and quite windy.

with an enamel mug, innit?!

or cotton and leather gloved hands. :runaway:

We've had a mixed bag today, it was quite bright and sunny this morning but not all that warm. Good weather for hole digging, which is now complete:woot::beer:. It clouded over this afternoon though and we now have light rain. There's thunder on the horizon. Currently 13°C.

My wife is relaying the weather to me for a time or two as I'm at our London place shooting YouTubes etc for a while. Apparently it's 11°-C at the moment and a lovely sunny morning down in Kent with a gentle breeze.

Cloudless sky to the West this morning. Nice, because it's Mrs Nod's birthday so we're out in her little blue car!

It's been raining off and on overnight, it was so heavy at one point that it woke me. It's the same this morning but less showery, although the showers are very hefty.

Currently very cloudy but not raining, for now. 11°C.

12°-C (I'm told) down in Kent with a sunny & cloud sky and not much wind.

A bit meh this morning but I have a feeling it may improve this afternoon. Currently cloudy, a bit of drizzle now and again, little wind, 11°.

Yesterday was nice and sunny and fairly warm. Today and we're back to grim grey and I suspect rain soon.. !7c in my living room.

Yesterday was lovely but today sure as hell ain't!

12°-C (I'm told) down in Kent. Raining with a light breeze.

Dull and grey here today, not windy though and the overnight rain has stopped. It's supposed to be intermittent for the rest of the day. Currently 12°C.

I'm back down in Kent now for a while and it's 13°-C at the moment and quite a pleasant morning with a gentle breeze and a partly cloudy sky.

Back