Puffin survival and Brexit

I heard about that on the radio and meant to post about it but it slipped my mind so I was pleased to see your post.

What have the Danes said ? You can't do that it's "traditional" we've been doing it for eons. So sayeth fox hunters, the people of the Faroe Islands..well some of them...about herding dolphins into shallow water using speed boats at Skalabotnur beach in Eysturoy, where they are killed with knives. It's an annual event.ie...'traditional' Whale hunting..another tradition.This time involving the US- Japan -Norway-Iceland and,of course..the Faroes which,as you'll know belongs to Denmark. There are other 'traditions' worldwide that should be confined to history which I could cite but I've stuck to the theme of the post.

Puffins are my favourite bird and it’s good to see that their food source is being protected and it’s disappointing that the EU would allow the overfishing of sandeels to continue
Do wish though that the same could be said for our rivers that are being polluted by sewage and industrial farming and the UK government allow this to happen

Last edited:
I recall the Brexiteers railing against the fact that Edward Heath gave our fishing rights to the Common Market when we joined which was not revealed until much later. So Brexiteers manged to commit us to a deal which did not return our fishing rights but also kept this quiet.

Dave

I recall the Brexiteers railing against the fact that Edward Heath gave our fishing rights to the Common Market when we joined which was not revealed until much later. So Brexiteers manged to commit us to a deal which did not return our fishing rights but also kept this quiet.

Dave
The whole thing was done extremely badly whether you were for or against it. You bet it works ££££££ for someone who was running the show at a time

You bet it works ££££££ for someone who was running the show at a time
This is just one reason why I believe that all the parties involved in such negotiations, should be required to reveal their finances in full. Doing so would reassure those affected and the public at large, that they have not behaved badly. Secrecy in such matters is only a benefit to the criminally minded.

This is just one reason why I believe that all the parties involved in such negotiations, should be required to reveal their finances in full. Doing so would reassure those affected and the public at large, that they have not behaved badly. Secrecy in such matters is only a benefit to the criminally minded.
This exactly again, I seem to remember that Rys Mogg one of those pushing for Brexit made a lot of money out of it , can’t remember the details but do remember someone here posted about it

Back