rmmackfc's Photo 52 - Week 7 "Delicate" Added 18/02

Like the idea for 'style' - great choice of colours. I might have gone for a slightly lower angle, with a tighter crop and maybe made more of the reflection in the leather.

Great shot for your 'new' entry - it really tells a story, and I like the concept behind 'open'.

Agree with the comments about thinking outside the box - keep it up

Spooks

Thanks for the feedback (y)

Nice DOF, with some pretty Bokeh

New word, had to look that up :LOL: Thanks (y)

I have to say I really really really struggled this week. I originally thought of hard as nails, but was too slow for that one. Anyway went for some more lateral thinking and thought back to my boring Materials lectures at Uni...

Week 4 has nice DOF.

Week 5 isn't doing anything for me - there seems to be a lot of posts using books to achieve the theme. I prefer the book images when there is something else in the shot that links to the text/ theme. Can't remember who's 52 it was, but they shot a book with some roses on it and it really worked well. - Had to post the link in case you'd not spotted it - I'd be well chuffed if I'd thought of this; 40 odd weeks to do so!

Still liking your week two - I wonder what the theme will be for week 25?!

Last edited:
I like the shot, good DOF, like the choice of text:)
was it all from camera, or did you add some of the unsharpness (sorry, what we call it at work!) in pp?

Cheers, straight out the camera. Only PP was the frame :)

Week 4 has nice DOF.

Week 5 isn't doing anything for me - there seems to be a lot of posts using books to achieve the theme. I prefer the book images when there is something else in the shot that links to the text/ theme. Can't remember who's 52 it was, but they shot a book with some roses on it and it really worked well. - Had to post the link in case you'd not spotted it - I'd be well chuffed if I'd thought of this; 40 odd weeks to do so!

Still liking your week two - I wonder what the theme will be for week 25?!

I do agree, the whole book thing is a bit of a cop out, however in my defence at least i didn't use a dictionary or encyclopedia :D I should have went with my other idea of a rubix cube...

Cheers for the link, I like it, although not keen on the PP on the words.

Nicely taken, but have seen enough book shots as said before - sorry

Time, where does it go. Been so busy about the house trying to get it on the market for sale.

Instant thought with delicate was a baby (not due for a few months yet! :LOL:) and flowers. I thought the flowers thing may be a bit passe, so then thought of a filament in a bulb...

One problem is my thumb print! ... Hopefully get the chance to reshoot, but reasonably happy with it that aside.

Light Bulb Filament Resized by rmmackfc, on Flickr

I was looking to do a filament, but we only have then energy saving bulbs!

I'm not sure which lens you used but a macro lens shot would have been great, that is really tight to the filament.

Nevertheless, you're really retained the detail in the top filament.

My screen's not calibrated so unsure if you intended to have the actual bulb in the image. When I push my laptop screen back the glass almost disappears and it looks much better to me.

Cheers.

posiview said:
I was looking to do a filament, but we only have then energy saving bulbs!

I'm not sure which lens you used but a macro lens shot would have been great, that is really tight to the filament.

Nevertheless, you're really retained the detail in the top filament.

My screen's not calibrated so unsure if you intended to have the actual bulb in the image. When I push my laptop screen back the glass almost disappears and it looks much better to me.

Cheers.

Cheers for feedback. Intentionally left bulb in view, liked the reflection. Although both your ideas regarding a macro and only the element crossed my mind. Also thought of removing glass from bulb. Thanks!

Hi Ya

what a simple idea but it works so well (y) Great idea for the theme & well taken

Hiya

I am doing a quick catch-up tonight and noticed that I haven't visited your thread yet, so apologies for the delay in getting to it. I think I am just about there with seeing 52'ers threads, just a few more and then I should be on track to keep up with everyone for the rest of the year.

Week 1: Wow I really like this, especially the way you got the 'HOME' in focus and the rest OOF.

Week 2: This is so cute and I love the way you have arrange the scan, calendar and teddy, the composition is great and the selective colouring of the date works perfect. I bet you are really looking forward to your new arrival and I'm sure the little'n will feature in some of your later pics for the project ;)

Week 3: Oooh, lovely shoe and the black set agains the red works well. Have to agree with Mark about the creases in the dust bag though.

Week 4: Another good take on the theme, even though you say you were short for time. Once again like the focus on the 'open'/'closed'.

Week 5: Probably not the most inspiring shot, but the text pretty much says it all. Nice DOF and like the letterbox style of framing.

Week 6: :crying: ..... maybe you will get chance to take a pic and post later (just let us know if you do .... so we can take a peek).

Week 7: Yep I like this shot, although agree about the glass ... think it would have been better to either have it all in or none. But great idea (one I think I might try for one of my 365 shots ;))

I have really enjoyed looking through your project and look forward to seeing the other weeks to come.

Well done so far :clap:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hiya

I am doing a quick catch-up tonight and noticed that I haven't visited your thread yet, so apologies for the delay in getting to it. I think I am just about there with seeing 52'ers threads, just a few more and then I should be on track to keep up with everyone for the rest of the year.

Week 1: Wow I really like this, especially the way you got the 'HOME' in focus and the rest OOF.

Week 2: This is so cute and I love the way you have arrange the scan, calendar and teddy, the composition is great and the selective colouring of the date works perfect. I bet you are really looking forward to your new arrival and I'm sure the little'n will feature in some of your later pics for the project ;)

Week 3: Oooh, lovely shoe and the black set agains the red works well. Have to agree with Mark about the creases in the dust bag though.

Week 4: Another good take on the theme, even though you say you were short for time. Once again like the focus on the 'open'/'closed'.

Week 5: Probably not the most inspiring shot, but the text pretty much says it all. Nice DOF and like the letterbox style of framing.

Week 6: :crying: ..... maybe you will get chance to take a pic and post later (just let us know if you do .... so we can take a peek).

Week 7: Yep I like this shot, although agree about the glass ... think it would have been better to either have it all in or none. But great idea (one I think I might try for one of my 365 shots ;))

I have really enjoyed looking through your project and look forward to seeing the other weeks to come.

Well done so far :clap:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thnaks Dawn for the positive feedback. Looks like I'm lagging the last two weeks too :crying: Hopefully get back up and running this week as my personal workload lessens... (y)

Back