Show us yer film shots then!

The light was low and with only 100 film loaded I just open the lens all the way up to f2.8 and set the shutter to 1/60th for a handheld, Hail Mary shot. After taking the shot, I pulled out my one-degree spot meter and determined that was okay for 400 speed film. The camera has no built in light meter. I developed the film for normal and it scanned good enough.

100 Acros, PMK Pyro, EI400

Last edited:
Just a play today,

5438772464_4c683d154f_b.jpg
[/url] Canal by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mart

A rolling, offshore foggy morning at Ruby Beach. What is known as a sneaker wave periodically comes in reaching much further than the other waves. I positioned myself just out of reach of the incoming waves, setup for a 2 minute exposure and started recording. With my back turned looking around, a sneaker wave came in and hit me. It knocked my tripod over but fortunately I caught it just before the camera went for a swim and face-planted on the rocks. I was soaked from the waist down. I set up again for 60 seconds just to get the heck out of there. This time, however, the waves were not coming in as far during the exposure and I got a foggy look from the few that made it up to that larger rock.

100 Acros, PMK Pyro, 60 Second Exposure

Last edited:
Its been a while

Mam 6, Delta 100 in Ilfosol 3 wide open @ some daft hh speed

59ved1.jpg

Mam 220 TLR, a demonstration of the magnification with a 75 and just the bellows and the paramender.
Delta 100 in Ilfosol, tripod, hot lights and studio conditions.

i1acth.jpg

33tmngy.jpg

I've not posted a photo on the forum in a while now! Just scanned this first roll of Adox 25 in and am quite pleased with the results :) Any thoughts appreciated as always!

img209.jpg

img210.jpg

img216.jpg

img217.jpg

img218.jpg

:)

really liking #5

inspiring me to get north to the Highlands..!

#2 and#5 for me they are two stand out photographs, I love the light in#2 and the wonderful reflections in #5

Taken last summer.

Photo38_35ABW.jpg

Excellent stuff Woodsy. The 2nd one is my fave, just right. I've got a roll of Adox 100 at the developers at the moment and I'm interested in trying the 25 as well, looks like a lovely smooth film.

Andy

Also liking the Darland Banks shot mate. Very nice.

Andy

These were taken last year with my Olympus Pen FT and the 40mm f1.4 lens. Also was my first go at home developing - got the bug now!!

5448856093_eec66264e5_z_d.jpg

f1.4
5448855111_498abf67e9_z_d.jpg

5449462702_ebda71555a_z_d.jpg

Simon

Last edited:
Are you using any colour filters for your landscape photos Woodsy?

Ross Ensign 16-20 on Fujifilm 160S

5448324797_29e63d6d2b_b.jpg

5448324269_276ee4d7ec_b.jpg

5448324027_cb5f644ae8_b.jpg

Slowly getting to grips with the 16-20 now it seems to be capable of producing excellent shots.

Cheers

Andy

really liking #5

inspiring me to get north to the Highlands..!

+1!! They look awesome woodsy!!

(y)

#2 and#5 for me they are two stand out photographs, I love the light in#2 and the wonderful reflections in #5

Excellent stuff Woodsy. The 2nd one is my fave, just right. I've got a roll of Adox 100 at the developers at the moment and I'm interested in trying the 25 as well, looks like a lovely smooth film.

Andy

(y) Agreed!

I like yours too though, Woodsy ;).

Many thanks chaps! Didn't expect such good feedback!

Are you using any colour filters for your landscape photos Woodsy?

I was going to ask the same.

As it stands, no. Althought it had slipped my mind of late, you just reminded me that I *really* need to get a yellow filter. I'm a huge fan of Gandhi's B&W work, and he uses a yellow filter seemingly almost without fail. Been trying to find a Lee 100x100mm Resin yellow filter, but can't seem to locate one that isn't a yellow 'effect' filter such as those used in video recording.

well if he'd said so..! ''flounce''.......:razz:

:LOL: still inspired though............roll on springtime

Lol! Woops! Sorry about that! Yes, this is north Wales :)

Once again, many thanks to all for the replies!

ROFL!

Ok, this is embarrassing! It turns out that I do actually have a yellow and an orange filter! Now that I recall, it was a long time ago I actually bought them and so subsequently forgot I had them! :nuts: :confused:

So, it seems I really need to *stop being an idiot and remember to use my filters*!

Moving on...

Couple of shots from me taken two weekends ago. I visited Didcot Railway Centre and Mid Hants railway on the same day.

These were taken with my Dynax 9 and 85mm F1.4 / 28-85 Beercan!

Film was just normal Fuji 200 Superia but on scanning thought some would look much better in B&W :D

This was the very first film I've put through this camera since buying it so I'n very happy with the way they turned out (even though it was a very dull day!!)

Scan-110205-00201.jpg

Scan-110205-00151.jpg

Scan-110205-0013.jpg

Scan-110205-0014.jpg

Scan-110205-00301.jpg

Scan-110205-00361.jpg

ROFL!

Ok, this is embarrassing! It turns out that I do actually have a yellow and an orange filter! Now that I recall, it was a long time ago I actually bought them and so subsequently forgot I had them! :nuts: :confused:

So, it seems I really need to *stop being an idiot and remember to use my filters*!

Moving on...

Well, don't use those filters just to use them. ;) The yellow is a good all-around filter but in those shots neither yellow or orange would add much for an overcast day in those landscapes most likely. And in the dock shot adding a filter would increase the chances of flare from the Sun shooting into it like that if that matters or not. Nice series, btw.

Here is a shot with a yellow filter looking into the Sun and I have some flare. I really can't say its the result of the added filter since I've never shot that lens into the sun without one on yet.

100 Acros, PMK Pyro, Yellow Filter, Pentax Spotmeter V

Last edited:
These girls really know how to hold a pose. Shoot-n-Dash. You'll get chased out of the store if you have anything but a point-n-shoot or phone camera it seems. Camera discrimination. So I took the shot and got the heck out of there before they chased me out and with a 500C/M it's not as if you're inconspicuous either.

100 Acros, PMK Pyro

I like that one mate. You seem to get lovely clean shots with the 'blad, something to save for I think.

I was in a large department store after buying my Voigtlander Bessa R3A and while the wife looked for handbags I was turning the camera over to check for scratches etc. when one of the young ladies who work in the store told me to put the camera away as photography was not allowed. I pointed out to her, by opening the back of the camera, that it did not even have film in but she didn't seem to grasp the idea and kept repeating "we don't allow photography". I put the camera away and walked off shaking my head.

Andy

mamiya c330 / tmax 100

Another one from the same roll, high tide and free time don't seem to be agreeing at the moment...

I pointed out to her, by opening the back of the camera, that it did not even have film in but she didn't seem to grasp the idea and kept repeating "we don't allow photography". I put the camera away and walked off shaking my head.

Andy

She probably didn't even know what film was, I photographed a 5 day Cub Scout camp last May/June with my Spotmatic F and various lenses and the first time the Cubs noticed I was taking pictures they immediately wanted to see them and looked very confused when they couldn't! I asked them what they thought people used to take photos before digital came about and they didn't know what to say! I ended up having to explain how film worked and why you couldn't just open the back and look, of course I ended up having to tell them how you get film developed, printed etc and they seemed quite amused and thoughtful about it all.
In the end they were all wanting their picture taken and were nicknaming my camera my 'big flashy camera' due to the massive Vivitar 285 flash that I would keep mounted to it indoors (looks even more impressive with the Viviar Series 1 70 - 210). They all loved the results when they got to see them and the parents actually said that they liked the way that I had got prints from the film and displayed them so they could see what the Cubs had done as usually all the pictures just end up as forgotten files on a hard drive. I sold enlargements of the pictures which to my surprise were quite popular.

Nicely done Samuel, just goes to prove how good film is really.

Here's a few from my first roll on my Ensign 12-20. Adox CHS 100 Art.

5459555414_6a45926508_b.jpg

5458948949_83c520a22c_z.jpg

5458948399_00c79a8e44_z.jpg

Poor skies, I think I need filters.

Andy

Last edited:
I wanted to really streak those clouds but Acros doesn't have hardly any reciprocity failure to capitalize on. And in the middle of the day I could only get down to 45 seconds at f19 with an 11 stop stack on the lens. Having extra backs for the camera doesn't do much good if you don't take one along. :(

100 Acros, PMK Pyro, NDX400 + Orange Filter, 45 Seconds

Great results. How old is that castle?

Thank you mate. The castle is originally 13th century with a few later additions. The town is still almost fully enclosed by walls which look fantastic from the castle, I'll get a shot of them next time I visit.

Much older than the railway bridge, Alan ;)

Very nice shots Andy.

Cheers Alastair.

Andy

Trying out Kodak's new Portra 400 film. Took this last night just after 10:00PM. It was a full moon and amazingly the skies were clear! I took one at 30 seconds, 1, 2 and 4 minutes since I wasn't sure about the reciprocity. The 30 sec, 1 and 2 minute shots all looked about the same. The 4 min was over done.

My spot meter read about EV2 on the Space Needle and that is not too reliable since it didn't fully cover the one-degree circle. But I went with that anyway and put that 3 stops above middle gray which came out to be a 1 minute exposure, f11, at EI400.

A Cliché Shot Of Seattle Under A Full Moon

Pentax 6x7, SMC M* 300mm f4 ED (IF), New Portra 400, Jobo C-41 Press Kit, f11 @ 60 seconds

A Crop

Last edited:
Excellent shots.....interesting to know if it would look even better with slower colour film.

Wow. I admit I didn't understand a word of your explanation (sorry, still a newbie) but whatever it meant it worked a treat. That first shot is stunning and the crop, well I'm lost for words at how sharp and clear it is. I defy anyone with a digital camera to beat these.

Andy

Back