Mick's 52 "Object" added

Had a nice walk around Talkin Tarn in the week, very windy.
This sign caught my eye for the "trio" theme so here goes.

Trio.jpg
[/IMG]

Not my best effort but hey ho :shrug:

Mick

Hiya Mick,

Great idea for the trio theme. The photo looks a tad too light and could do with a slight sharpen and perhaps a bit of a crop of the sky.

Otherwise a good photo.

Well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

Wow Mick - that is a beautiful shot for 'knowledge' - the black and white work well and it is a lovely composition - one to keep :clap:

Hiya Mick,

Awwwww bless, that is such a gorgeous photo and I bet your nephew is well chuffed to have received a framed print of it ..... bet he will cherrish that for years.

Indeed you have done a fantastic job of this one, the b&w conversion is great and not to harsh or over-processed as they can sometimes appear.

What I like most about this candid shot are the emotions of peacefulness, pride, contentment and love. It is just such a relaxed photo and I feel joy when I look at it.

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Just spotted your thread and so glad I did. Some great images here(y)

The "chaos" and "delicate" shots stand out for me, both excellent.

The portrait for "knowledge" is just wonderful. Great composition, beautiful expressions. Lighting a bit flat possibly, but that's me being picky.

Hi, hope you don't mind - I had a play with your pic in Photoshop Elements. I'm won't be offended if you prefer me to remove it.

Basically I did an Overlay layer, a gaussian blur to the background and then slight sharpen to the whole image.

5554074676_4852fc0671_z.jpg

Let me know what you think. Happy to remove if you want.:)

Patrick

I like the magnesia shot. I think I prefer the 1st one, although I'd be tempted to crop the left hand side off, a little and possibly photoshop the light blue light stripes out if you had the crop tight to the shadow.

The second shot I like because the bottle is the clear focus of the shot, but as the shadow is crooked and has a lot of light glare from the bottle, I find that much too distracting.

I think overall the first one wins by a hair.

Hi, Mick, first of all I really like the blue in your moderation.

I almost opted for #2 because of the perspective but the shadow spoils it a bit for me, so I'm opting for #1.

I actually think I'd prefer them without shadows...

Cheers.

I like the magnesia shot. I think I prefer the 1st one, although I'd be tempted to crop the left hand side off, a little and possibly photoshop the light blue light stripes out if you had the crop tight to the shadow.

The second shot I like because the bottle is the clear focus of the shot, but as the shadow is crooked and has a lot of light glare from the bottle, I find that much too distracting.

I think overall the first one wins by a hair.

:agree:

Hiya Mick,

Definitely a substance one would want to use in moderation :D Too much of this stuff can have nasty consequences.

I love the way you have captured the lovely blue colour. Out of the two shots, I prefer the first for the reasons you have stated.

Well done on both the interpretation of the theme and the shot.

Cheers

(y) D :)

Well, the first pic was taken in the Dominican Republic last year & the second in Durham early morning a couple of weeks ago.

I might still manage a shot taken for the theme specifically! :naughty:

1. Empty beach
Empty.jpg
[/IMG]

2. Empty Street
Empty1.jpg
[/IMG]

C&C welcome.

Mick

I prefer the empty street shot... and im not sure if the sepia conversion is the best... I think straight B and W would be better!

I loved the first MOM shot but not quite sure of the relevance to the theme? Well it's not obvious to me without explanation I guess!

Keep up the good work!

Mark

Hello again Mick!

I have been here before, but not since your week 2 - sorry for missing you.

To date, 'Open' and 'Chaos' for me.

I love the idea for the open and Chaos looks such fun, although cold!

Thanks Neil, it's gonna get a big clear out sometime soon :D

Hi Mick

just having a quick catch up & really love this version of your Moderation theme , beautiful color's & reflection , ace shot :clap:

Thanks Lynne, I'm learning every week. It's so true that we all learn without realisng. When I look back over the past year since buying my DSLR, I think my pics have come on heaps.
I think before every shot now, DoF, shutter speed etc. (y)

Mick

I prefer the empty street shot... and im not sure if the sepia conversion is the best... I think straight B and W would be better!

I loved the first MOM shot but not quite sure of the relevance to the theme? Well it's not obvious to me without explanation I guess!

Keep up the good work!

Mark

Thanks for the comments Mark,
I did a B&W conversion first & it seemed a little flat :shrug: probably my PP skils tbh.
As far as the MOM (took me a while to realise what you were referring to) If you drink too much of it, you'll be spending a long time in the smallest room in the hoose :nuts:

Mick

Hi Mick

your beach shot for Empty is wonderful...makes me wanna go there..NOW:LOL:

The sepia tone in the 2nd shot appeals as well , for some reason it makes me think of Hovis bread !

Hi Lynne,
It was an amazing beach & the water was so warm.

I thought of the Hovis advert when I was taking the pic :LOL:

Mick

Hiya Mick,

Like both your photos for empty which convey the theme well. Have to say though that as much as would love to be walking along the empty beach, I do favour the 2nd image, mainly because of the warmth that is captured with the processing.

Well done

Cheers

Thanks Michael, Dawn & Jonathan, (y)

I feel like I'm slowly getting somewhere with my shots, I'm looking at other people's shots in a different way now. I even find myself noticing mistakes. Hopefully I’ll continue learning every week. :shrug:

Mick

Last edited:
Taken loads of shots this week, trying to find one that has a connection with the theme :shrug:

This lamp was swinging in the breeze in The Anglican church of St Mary's at Fountains Abbey in Yorkshire this weekend.
My grandson was stealing all the lime light by testing his new found echo locating skills, he was loving the echo of the quiet church.

Lamp1.jpg
[/IMG]

Not the best shot & the blazing sun did not help.

Mick

Hi, Mick, I do like your object photograph. Pity about the light as I'd like to see it in portrait. I can just about see you at the bottom of the lamp, but what makes it for me is the dof and the rich background colours...(y)

Cheers.

Back