SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

Really like your "twisted" pic. The second one works for me. Great composition and fits the theme perfectly.

Those "hidden" pics are VERY creepy. Very creative. (y)

Patrick

Hiya Kev,

A gentle kick up the butt to get your pic for Broken posted!!! The new theme will be upon us soon.

Hope you are keeping well and everything is okay. You have been a tad quiet of late so thought I would pop past to give you some moral support.

Cheers

Dawn :hug2:

thanks Dawn...but i'm fighting fires at the moment, so the themes will have to take a back seat.. i'm going to post as and when... maybe put placeholders.. :D ...

but i'm still here... (y)

Hiya Kev,

Okies, look forward to seeing your photos when you get time to do them. Take it easy and hope you get things sorted soon.

Cheers

Dawn :)

thanks Dawn...but i'm fighting fires at the moment, so the themes will have to take a back seat.. i'm going to post as and when... maybe put placeholders.. :D ...

but i'm still here... (y)

Fires are bright :)
And so is that green thing, but we've all seen that recently, or have we :thinking:

Took me some weeks to take this baby then the theme came along and i had to find the bottle to ask the owner of the land if i could stroll over and take it....believe me i wouldn't call the residents 'scary' ... but still i was cautious in my approach, even dogs on chains can get you if the chain is long enough :eek:

I've tried a grainy effect and a different slant on the old framing. So let me know if it works for you. (y)

Took this thinking i could over expose the sunlight, but when i did it looked ghastly, so cropped in to make a feature of the sunny cloud, tweaked it down slightly in places and up in others, then added a different frame.

Let me know if it works for you and the theme ... (y)

..and don't forget..somewhere out there ..there's a green box waiting for all of ya!! behind a wall, in a tree...just inside a house you're taking... its there... waiting.. :naughty:

Hiya Kev,

Glad to see you found some time to post the last 2 weeks.

I agree with Neil about the borders .... they do blend in with the photo and are slightly distracting in places.

However, looking past the borders and the photos themselves I think that the 'broken' shot is a tad underexposed ... or perhaps that is due to the mono processing. It would be interesting to see this in colour to form a true opinion of the photo. It definitely looks like it has potential for a great shot.

Now 'bright' is just the kind of photo I like to take and I think you have done well with this one to retain the colours in the sky and the sun rays and maintain the moody detail of the clouds and I like the silhouette of the trees. Perhaps the photo would benefit from a thin black border to frame it :shrug:

Well done though I think you have two shots right on theme (y)

Cheers

Sometimes, because I have an uncalibrated monitor I'm often not sure if it's me of the photograph, but #1 is a little dark.

Lots of potential there, but I'm not sure about the composition. I'd rather the trees weren't there and perhaps loose the sky altogether by getting a bit closer.

#2, I actually like the feathery border and I feel you have just the right amount of foreground in the photograph. I can just about make out the sun rays.

Cheers.

Both fit the theme Kev, but I'm not a fan of the borders.
In 'Bright' the border merges with the tree silhouette and we don't know which is which.

ah now neil this is where i am viewing the forum using the TP Black format so my borders disappear very nicely..but i can see what you mean.. so thanks for the comment .. (y)

Hiya Kev,

Glad to see you found some time to post the last 2 weeks.

I agree with Neil about the borders .... they do blend in with the photo and are slightly distracting in places.

However, looking past the borders and the photos themselves I think that the 'broken' shot is a tad underexposed ... or perhaps that is due to the mono processing. It would be interesting to see this in colour to form a true opinion of the photo. It definitely looks like it has potential for a great shot.

Now 'bright' is just the kind of photo I like to take and I think you have done well with this one to retain the colours in the sky and the sun rays and maintain the moody detail of the clouds and I like the silhouette of the trees. Perhaps the photo would benefit from a thin black border to frame it :shrug:

Well done though I think you have two shots right on theme (y)

Cheers

ah this critque was worth the wait then..though £26 for a blow job and trim at the local salon wasn't my idea of a saturday...but thank you dawn.. i'm glad you liked the bright sky shot, i did wonder what you might think of it. and retaining that blue was a winner..

as for the broken, i meant it to be underexposed. and grainy. the colour wasn't much to look at, red tiles and brick, and wood and grass..

like i say i experimented with borders and the TP black format kind of shows them as a hole in the page opposed to a border.

i will endeavour to try harder..though now i better sort out my gear for tomorrows wedding... :help:

Sometimes, because I have an uncalibrated monitor I'm often not sure if it's me of the photograph, but #1 is a little dark.

Lots of potential there, but I'm not sure about the composition. I'd rather the trees weren't there and perhaps loose the sky altogether by getting a bit closer.

#2, I actually like the feathery border and I feel you have just the right amount of foreground in the photograph. I can just about make out the sun rays.

Cheers.

thanks andy, the original was much wider and had detail i wanted to removed..like a construction light etc.. though i can see what you mean about the sky... and the tree...but i like to leave nature in where i can.

thanks

(y)

ah this critque was worth the wait then..though £26 for a blow job and trim at the local salon wasn't my idea of a saturday...but thank you dawn.. i'm glad you liked the bright sky shot, i did wonder what you might think of it. and retaining that blue was a winner..

as for the broken, i meant it to be underexposed. and grainy. the colour wasn't much to look at, red tiles and brick, and wood and grass..

like i say i experimented with borders and the TP black format kind of shows them as a hole in the page opposed to a border.

i will endeavour to try harder..though now i better sort out my gear for tomorrows wedding... :help:

oooops :naughty::cautious:

LIke the sunset pic, some nice colours in there, shame the border blends in a little too much.

Last edited:
though £26 for a blow job and trim at the local salon wasn't my idea of a saturday...
:nuts:

Yeah, a trim isn't my idea of a Saturday, but £26 sounds cheaper than a bottle of wine, and taking her out for a movie and a meal! :nuts:

:exit:

:nuts:

Yeah, a trim isn't my idea of a Saturday, but £26 sounds cheaper than a bottle of wine, and taking her out for a movie and a meal! :nuts:

:exit:

..and for this cheek adie ..I'M NOT!! posting the name of the boutique i visited that saturday.... she might put her prices up for business picks up...

... I know what people might be thinking... I've got it in before the weeks end...yeah..thats right...BUT!!! more so... guess what... I have taken this baby 99% out of the camera... i accidently shot it in RAW but with the intention of not processing it in any way... except reduction in size

..its true... i was patient with this one.. i planned it..and was happy with what i saw..eventually..

i wonder how original i have been? For there are many forms of rescue, from seascapes to mountainous to automobile....

so..HERE is rescue...

Hiya Kev

Great shot for rescue and SOOC too, I'm impressed. At first I wasn't sure about the colour ... but the more I look at it the more I like it, not sure why ..... I just do.

BTW that Bach Rescue spray is great stuff, think I still have some of that somewhere in the house, although it is probably way past its Exp Date :LOL:

Well done

Cheers

of course...there is always another take on rescue... though many might see it as desperation, others..fate... hardly a rescue.. but again straight out of camera except for the reduction in size....

So there you have it... two takes on the theme...

...and psssst!!... no borders :naughty:

Hiya Kev

Great shot for rescue and SOOC too, I'm impressed. At first I wasn't sure about the colour ... but the more I look at it the more I like it, not sure why ..... I just do.

BTW that Bach Rescue spray is great stuff, think I still have some of that somewhere in the house, although it is probably way past its Exp Date :LOL:

Well done

Cheers

thanks dawn... in like a bullet there girl... love it..

i tried to give it a fire side glow... wel at least a warm feeling to it...cosy...snug..

of course...there is always another take on rescue... though many might see it as desperation, others..fate... hardly a rescue.. but again straight out of camera except for the reduction in size....

So there you have it... two takes on the theme...

...and psssst!!... no borders :naughty:

:LOL: talk about checkmate ... no hope there except maybe a squirt of Rescue for the king :LOL:

Another great take for the theme (y)

And no what? .... no borders? .... what is happening :p

Well done though on your out of camera shots.

Cheers

thanks dawn... in like a bullet there girl... love it..

i tried to give it a fire side glow... wel at least a warm feeling to it...cosy...snug..

:LOL: I'm on the ball tonight .... :D

Your descriptive words 'fireside glow', 'warm', 'cosy', 'snug' :thinking: are not words I would associate with Rescue, Menthol and Elastoplast .... but heyho ... whatever floats your boat :cautious: :LOL:

Cheers

:LOL: I'm on the ball tonight .... :D

Your descriptive words 'fireside glow', 'warm', 'cosy', 'snug' :thinking: are not words I would associate with Rescue, Menthol and Elastoplast .... but heyho ... whatever floats your boat :cautious: :LOL:

Cheers

just the idea of being trapped in a snow drift and being sug out by a terrier with a whiskey barrel under its chin, and you being brought in placed next to a roaring fire and wrapped up in blankets... try thinking outside that box girl...no wait... laterally..thats the word i wanted... (y)

Hi, Kev rescue #1 is well composed and on theme. Not sure about the colour (cast?).

Rescue #2 I like. There's a certain defiance in the placement of the king. I like the lighting but would like to see the front end of the board.

Cheers.

Hi, Kev rescue #1 is well composed and on theme. Not sure about the colour (cast?).

Rescue #2 I like. There's a certain defiance in the placement of the king. I like the lighting but would like to see the front end of the board.

Cheers.

thanks andy..the colouring i can see will be as people put it ..a marmite moment...

..ahh..do you mean the corner of the board... i can see what you mean now.. yet again..i missed an in your face thing...:( .. composition let down again. GOOD SPOT!! ... (y)

just the idea of being trapped in a snow drift and being sug out by a terrier with a whiskey barrel under its chin, and you being brought in placed next to a roaring fire and wrapped up in blankets... try thinking outside that box girl...no wait... laterally..thats the word i wanted... (y)

..... okay I get the idea .... so does this whiskey barrel have whiskey in it? :LOL:

D :D

Hi Kev,

#1 works for the theme, but I'm not a fan of the colour cast.
#2 is a nice idea too.

No borders or green squares, umm - where is Kev and what have you done to him?

ooo iz thiz KEV... this is the propoganda arm of the infamous Green Box bridage... look at our images, now look at yours..now back to ours.. are you still taking shots of lady scented candles ..now back to yours...and back to me... where are you now.. we're inside the green box....and we've got our thumb over the end of your lens .... yeah... that was our thumb...:wacky:

ooo iz thiz KEV... this is the propoganda arm of the infamous Green Box bridage... look at our images, now look at yours..now back to ours.. are you still taking shots of lady scented candles ..now back to yours...and back to me... where are you now.. we're inside the green box....and we've got our thumb over the end of your lens .... yeah... that was our thumb...:wacky:

Me is starting to think the Green Box brigade have drunk all that '13th century Napoleon Brandy' and stashed Kev in the 'whiskey' barrel :LOL:

Green Box brigade ... I demand you give us our Kev back :bat: before we have to send out the 'Rescue' team :eek:

:LOL:

Me is starting to think the Green Box brigade have drunk all that '13th century Napoleon Brandy' and stashed Kev in the 'whiskey' barrel :LOL:

Green Box brigade ... I demand you give us our Kev back :bat: before we have to send out the 'Rescue' team :eek:

:LOL:

Ve are NOT!! afriad of urrrrrrr...res-cue teM... NON!!! ... the GB2 iz waiting for the next theme....before we strike once Mooooore...

viva la ... viva la.??? ... viva las vegas!! ...

:help:

Really like your 2 shot for rescue the theme and chess board brilliantly thought out

Really like your 2 shot for rescue the theme and chess board brilliantly thought out

thanks Paul... i don't feel i have the knack or setup for macro level stuff and the countless retakes showed.. but this one i felt the lighting was just right... (y)

Back