weekly Marshall194's Photo52 Week 21 temperature added

ya jammy git Chris :LOL:

Great shot though...DOF just right , focus spot on...now try again for £6000 one... :D

yep good shot, you definitely win this one :LOL: :clap:

great shot, though I'm not convinced I'd consider a £2 prize a win vs a £6000 jackpot!

It's that, "Maybe!", thought that keeps me doing the lottery :wacky:

£2.00, better than nowt.

Nice and close which I like, the silver at the top is a nice touch.

I would like to see the £6,000 in focus.

Cheers and hope you win the £6k (y)

'Win' is very nicely composed with subtle lighting and perfect Depth of Field, shame you didn't win the 6K but at least your image is a winner this week (y)

Industry – My preference is for #3. Nice use of DoF and definitely shouts industry

Root – #2 is far better as the root is now the point of focus

Handmade – Nice lit and bang on theme

Money – #1 for me. The lighting on that one works better.

Win – Great shot. Good lighting and the DoF really works

Hey Chris,

I think you've ticked all the boxes with your win shot, composition, lighting & colour all spot on. Well done.

Your first penny shot is my favourite.

Carol

Very good Win shot Chris, I don't condone gambling in any form though you understand Chris. :D

Very nice Chris. I like the rings best - lovely composition - but the shoes shot is very nice too.

Win excellent and well done for picking a winner. Can you pick my lottery numbers?
Shiny #2 is a great shot. #1 I'm not sure about the shadow which has the effect of distacting from the shoes, especially top left of shoe, maybe a change of light position to make shadow lower may help. Say's shiny though

Win - great thinking on the theme, nicely composed and taken

Shiny - i too like the rings , the only thing for me is theres too much empty space around them for my taste, agree with Darren about being more drawn to the shadows than the shoes in the first one

Shoes doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid I think you could have got a better composition to show more of the left shoe and the shadow just doesn’t work and it seems a bit flat and not shiny SORRY.

Rings are a lot better it says shiny, the shadow works in this one the lighting is good and nice and sharp with a good reflection, maybe a bit better crop with not so much space top / left .

Another vote here for the rings Chris.
The plain white background helps highlight the rings, good choice. Just a little tighter crop and it would be perfect IMHO. Iain

Hi Chris

Of the 2 my preference is for the rings too. Not sure the shoes say shiny to me, and the shadow is too much of a distraction. The rings shot though is bob on. Composition wonderful and definitely shiny :).

Really like the rings, lovely composition. The shoes are good too, not too sure on the composition on it. I would prefer to see more of the 2nd shoe.

Both nice shots but #2 shouts shiny too me more

Very nice Chris. I like the rings best - lovely composition - but the shoes shot is very nice too.

Good shots pal. A really good idea for her. They both work for me.

Win excellent and well done for picking a winner. Can you pick my lottery numbers?
Shiny #2 is a great shot. #1 I'm not sure about the shadow which has the effect of distacting from the shoes, especially top left of shoe, maybe a change of light position to make shadow lower may help. Say's shiny though

Shiny

2 very nice shots.

the only thing is in shot one i find my eye drawn to the shadow rather than the shoes

Win - great thinking on the theme, nicely composed and taken

Shiny - i too like the rings , the only thing for me is theres too much empty space around them for my taste, agree with Darren about being more drawn to the shadows than the shoes in the first one

Hi Chris. Wow those shoes look like torture to the tootsies! The shadow is a little too distracting to me, but they're definitely shiny!

I prefer the rings out of the two.

Shoes doesn’t do it for me I’m afraid I think you could have got a better composition to show more of the left shoe and the shadow just doesn’t work and it seems a bit flat and not shiny SORRY.

Rings are a lot better it says shiny, the shadow works in this one the lighting is good and nice and sharp with a good reflection, maybe a bit better crop with not so much space top / left .

Another vote here for the rings Chris.
The plain white background helps highlight the rings, good choice. Just a little tighter crop and it would be perfect IMHO. Iain

Hi Chris

Of the 2 my preference is for the rings too. Not sure the shoes say shiny to me, and the shadow is too much of a distraction. The rings shot though is bob on. Composition wonderful and definitely shiny :).

thank you soooo much for the comments and i think like many of you that the rings is the better shot thanks again

Chris

very fitting for this weeks theme, the focus is bang on, but i'd have liked to see the DOF shallower as i personally find the background distracting, my eye keeps getting drawn to the spoon on the LHS

Right just playing catchup to get up to date now I've posted my Shiny late :( and still need to shoot my "magical".

Shiny - 2 lovely shots, those shoes are very sexy for a bride! LOL. I would agree with the comment about the shadow being a little harsh and distracting on that shot though, just needs a little diffusion and it would transform the image.

The one of the rings is the winner though, great composition, exposure and depth of field.

Magical - On theme but tenuously I would say. It's well focussed but then it's also tightly cropped, possibly due to the distracting background.

Hi, magical, indeed.

It does feel like a 'grab' shot, though.

BG is a major issue, outside on a table with better BG, would much improve.

Cheers.

Hi Chris

not a lot to add...agree with the above comments re Magical

Shiny....those riings are superb & you've done a top job with the shot :clap: The shoes are beautiful but I find the shadow a little distracting ( I know how bloomin difficult it is to not get shadows though )....I'm sure your sister will be well pleased with both the images though.....will we get to see some more ?

"Shiny' very nice shoes but that shadow is a little uncomplimentary and distracting IMO. The rings are nice, looks a very nicely balanced image. the reflections and backgrounds are spot on.

'Magical - you just can't argue with that can you a lovely card and one to keep and nice depth of field throws the background out just enough !

Nice work (y)
Nick

Back