weekly Marsha's photo 52 2012 is complete. NSF Dieters!

The goblin

<span class="poty">POTY Winner 2015</span></br>
Name
Marsha
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, here I go! I decided to commit to this knowing I had a busy year ahead. A new posting and the work increase with the upcoming Olympics will really test me as my time is already limited!

But I need a challenge, so what the hell!

Week 1 : Direction
Week 2 : Fear
Week 3 : Sigh
Week 4 : Sweet
Week 5 : Secure
Week 6 : Industry
Week 7 : Root
Week 8 : Handmade
Week 9 : Money
Week 10 :Win
Week 11 :Shiny
Week 12: Magical
Week 13: Vice
Week 14: Entrance
Week 15: Soft
Week 16: Pride
Week 17: Short New short added.
Week 18: Flight Sets 2, and 3 added!
Week 19: Authority
Week 20: Leave
Week 21: Random
Week 22: Temperature
Week 23: Abstract More Abstract images added!
Week 24: Symmetry
Week 25: Moody and reshoot, Entrance
Week 26: Joy
Week 27: Small
Week 28: Straight
Week 29: Letter
Week 30: Contrast
Week 31: Mineral
Week 32: Dark
Week 33: Time
Week 34: Body
Week 35: Liquid and reshoot
Week 36: Up
Week 37: Duo
Week 38: Flow
Week 39: Friendship
Week 40: Change
Week 41: Natural
Week 42: Age
Week 43: Spread
Week 44: Together
Week 45: Pack
Week 46: Art
Week 47: Colour and win reshoot
Week 48: Shadow
Week 49: Glow
Week 50: Round & Round 2
Week 51: Negative
Week 52: Busy

Last edited:

Well, this wasn't the image I wanted, but the extreme gales this week have just prevented me getting out the house in daylight hours!

I must have taken about 50 images of this sign, on the tree, off the tree and all sorts! I decided to colour pop it as the background (albeit nicely blurred) was a drab colour. I have another image that I wasn't sure on, but that is on my Flickr account.

Be gentle, I feel decidedlt average compared to some of the efforts I have seen here so far!

Nice take on the theme :)

Maybe a little to tightly cropped as you have just clipped the bottom edge of the sign, also would of been tempted to either clone that bit of wire on the top left or zoom out slightly to get the whole curve of the wire in.

The colours pop lovely and I really like the DOF, almost looks like it's sitting on a dusting of snow..:)

Nice and sharp as well, I know the feeling of average. I get it everytime I log on here :)

Looking forward to seeing more from you as the year progresses

Interesting take...I'd like to see a tad more on the bottom and a couple of if inces on the front.

North Pole...now there's an idea for a TP meet...

Cheers.

Rolyratman said:
Maybe a little to tightly cropped as you have just clipped the bottom edge of the sign, also would of been tempted to either clone that bit of wire on the top left or zoom out slightly to get the whole curve of the wire in.

The annoying thing is I haven't cropped this! I was using my macro lens and struggled to get back far enough! I officially need a bigger house! I even checked around to make sure I got the whole sign in the image, I guess not.

posiview said:
North Pole...now there's an idea for a TP meet...

Mmm, maybe I need I sign saying The Maldives instead!

I will apply the rule of thirds next time.

Thanks for the opinions.

Merry Christmas!

I would have liked a bit more space on the right but that's just personal preference :)

Good luck with the project!

Fear of change!

I thought of the 'fear of change' straight away, but decided to add the lego character for interest! I wanted to shoot this hand held, but in my attempt to get the best shot that needed the least amount of editing the light failed! So out came the tripod!

I've saved this twice on Flickr, on one I've changed the size and sharpened it, not sure if it's noticeable!

:LOL: like the use of the 'toy', was my choice too!

I love LEGO men pictures! There is one guy on flickr who took 366 of these for his project, he did some awesome work! As have you!

Love it!

I'm a bit behind on my thread!

Delta Skies said:
I chuckled when I saw this which was surprising seeing as Christmas has now finished.

This is kind of why I took this image, I'm hoping maybe I can find some Christmas spirit this year!

PINNACLE said:
Wow what a take on the theme, very sharp as well. Like it a lot.

I am saving my kids lego for a rainy day/week.

Thanks, it took many attempts to get the DOF right so both the little man and the coins were in focus! I'm hoping as the weeks progress I can get the image I want in a lot less shots!

just seen your thread and both images made me smile,week 2 is great really well thought out nice dof

andybod said:
just seen your thread and both images made me smile,week 2 is great really well thought out nice dof

Thanks.

Manc Man said:
Very clever, like how you viewed the theme.

Thank you, sorry you're leaving the challenge so soon :(

posiview said:
Fear of change...cracking photograph.

How about 50 more humorous takes on the themes...(y)

Thank you, 2011 was a difficult year, I'm trying to start this year happy!

Sigh

Well, I had the idea to take a photo showing the cold air as you breathe out, but by time I got my little girl out of the house it was too late. So I asked her to sigh, she leant back over this pole as if to sigh and say 'more photos!'

I took this on Saturday morning and had other ideas to take more but winter bugs stopped play!

Last edited:
Loving the lego picture. Glad I'm not the only one to use it :LOL:

"sigh" fits the theme perfectly. Well done.

Andy

Direction : It's a clear direction, so works well... I think the colour popping it has helped, as the mono background has helped it look like it's in snow... I think a little more space to the right and not having the wire as is, not sure whether it would look best removed, or try to make a feature of it in some way... but well done.

Fear : A clever idea, and welcome to the group using toys :D... It's sharp in all the right places... I like it... the only thing I would say... your lego pirate looks rather happy, instead of afraid :D

Sigh : Clever... I like that... the almost mono backdrop works really well... Nicely done

Hi,

Love 2 and 3, 3 reminds me much of my little 3 yr old girl, always sighing when i get the camera out :)

Wow, fantastic photo! The cold breath idea was one of the first thoughts I had when I saw this theme, but like you I couldn't get out of the house early enough to do it! My shot wouldn't have been as good as this anyway.

Hi Marsha.

Lovely photo of Sigh. Good focus and dof. and the lovely washed out colours of the winter landscape contrasting with your daughter's coat. I don't think that it matters that you did not get any condensation on the breath because her attitude upwards, the curve of her body and the serene look on her face just exhudes a calm peaceful sigh as if she is thinking 'what a nice day to be alive'

Sigh...loving this one. A bit of fill flash would have really made it pop...but I suspect you had no time. I tried a few crops but, well, I think it stands up well as it is. Great pose.

Cheers.

Back