SLR falls 3000ft and lives to tell the tale!

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
I found this on the net and thought you guys mite be interested. His canon fell from his helmet at over 3000ft, hit the ground and still works.

I'm a nikon man, but you can't complain at that for build quality. :LOL:

LINKY...

there's also a link to the page to the youtube video of it. :clap:

391072.jpg

Haha, thats incredible!
Video was really good also!
Says alot about the build quality

Wow, doesn't even look like it has a scratch or crack on it! :eek:

Wonder what the magnesium bodies can withstand then??

didnt hit hard ground, it landed on a bed of leaves big difference.

my bad. :bonk: I just read that it hit "solid" ground on the thread that I found the link on.

Either way, i'm not sure i'd like to land on a pile of leaves without a parachute.

UV Protectors rock!
I imagine that's what saved it. :LOL:
the manufacturers should use something in their sales literature about preventing uv rays and obliteration from skydiving accidents....:thinking:

agreed its still amazing it survived, plus it couldn`t have been a happy moment to see your camera free falling from that height lol

agreed its still amazing it survived, plus it couldn`t have been a happy moment to see your camera free falling from that height lol
that's when you wish you'd got it insured. :LOL:
I wonder if the insurance company would refuse to pay out if it was still in "good working condition" after the fall though. lol. it sounds like the guy is still using it to this day!

that's when you wish you'd got it insured. :LOL:
I wonder if the insurance company would refuse to pay out if it was still in "good working condition" after the fall though. lol. it sounds like the guy is still using it to this day!

to be honest, im surprised the tog didnt have the cameras tethered in some way in case of mount failure. but then i guess you would want them to cut away rather than flapping around at 100mph odd around your body lol

I've had two similar things happen with Hasselblads
the first after a fire in the studio when everthing was a loss on removing the lens on the hasselblad it worked fine, the other while on a tractor shoot, I laid the hasselblad on the ground as a guide to where to put the tractor, when I jumped in the tractor I had a phone call and started moving the tractor towards the spot, forgetting the camera was on the ground, Yes I had parked the rear wheel on it, apart from a new viewing hood it was fine.

how they found it afterwards is impressive, unless there's a tracker in it?

Yaaahoooooo!!!! Canon 350d forever!! (well, the US equivellent!)

thats amazing
i did a paragliding jump off of the bagdad mountain in olu dinez that was at 6500ft with my canon g10 hanging round my neck
i did think what would happen if i dropped it

Can you imagine, you're walking through some woods minding your own, and that falls out the sky and hits you.... lol.

To be fair even if it hit a pile of feathers the force of the impact would push it right to the ground making contact with a hard surface. Its amazing though, great thats its on a video as well.

Definitely due to the UV filter being attached...:LOL:

Back