MARTIN MERE MEET 6/3/10......

Name
Tracey
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Guys!!

ive started a new thread....put it in general as some people may have taken photos of different subjects!

this is a thread for all the members who attended the martin mere meet 6/03/10 it was a fantastic day and i want to see everyones pics!!

love to see some pictures of something other than bloody ducks too :LOL:

:clap:well done everyone:clap:
i know they are all going to be amazing!! post below!!! (y)(y)

I have watched this thread with alot of interest as I am familiar with Martin Mere, but as a newbie I was a little apprehensive about joining in. However, other things conspired to prevent me anyway.

But i am looking forward to the pics - of the cakes, the tights and the toggers. I know what a duck looks like:)
I was in Lytham St Annes across the estuary and the weather looked good. I hope that you all had a good and productive day.

awww you should have joined us!!! im totally new too, it was my very first meet...and i somehow became in charge!!?? LOL
yes i wore my purple tights too :)
sun was out for a while and it actually wasnt cold!! got abit chilly later on though!! youll have to come to the next meet! x

Hi Tracey ,had a really great day out and all the people i met today where a pleasure .Hope you get baking soon cos we'll have to do it again soon .A few pictures from me .
4410900097_2ae446e655.jpg

4411682838_5897b57986.jpg

4410890537_a00c0cb5f1.jpg

DAVE u F*****G GENIOUS...those shots are unreal!!! thats it...next meet im soo robbing your camera! LOL though i have a picture very similar to your last one!! have u processed these?
they are amazing!
that otter is so darn cute!!! i didnt manage to get one really....:( i kept getting kicked int he head by a girl on her dads shoulders lol, i need to grow a few feet.....i mean geez rob, how tall are u man!!! and dave u not short either!!

Love that last shot Dave, simplicity itself. Forcing myself to look at all these photos to see what I missed. :shake:

Nethertheless.. Thanks to Tracey for organising it (y) If you go ahead with the Blackpool Zoo meet I'll definitely come, as long as there's sufficient warning. :)

You nearly got away with a 70-200 f4

LMAO....there was no way i was leaving with it!!! i gave up my 3 o clock lift home to find her LOL and the daft thing was...we were both at the entrance at 3 o clock and must have missed each other!!!:thinking:
i got her in the end though!! i just feel really bad for leaving her standing there for ages!! i was running around the flamingos and small bird hide asking if anyone had seen her LMAO

Love that last shot Dave, simplicity itself. Forcing myself to look at all these photos to see what I missed. :shake:

Nethertheless.. Thanks to Tracey for organising it (y) If you go ahead with the Blackpool Zoo meet I'll definitely come, as long as there's sufficient warning. :)

lol
yeah there will be PLENTY of warning so everyone can arrange plans to make it!! it would be great to have another turnout as good as this one was!!! i only had 2 cakes spare(y)

Well DOH!

I set off with my memory card half full and the EV set at +0.3 rather than -0.7 that it normally sits at :(

Anyway I had a brilliant day, thanks to everyone who had a part in it.

Well some of mine from today:

Cakes..........

martin100.jpg

An otter..........

martin101.jpg

Some bird with a 1950's hairdo..........

martin102.jpg

Freaky punk bird, and my competition entry for the birds section..........

martin105.jpg

Rob,

Arr so you got the 50's hairdo bird too :) Nice images, how did the two test shots with and without the TC come out?

ok, so i suppose its my turn for the pictures?!

dont expect anything remotely good LOL
doexpect some really dodgy cropping and PS'ing LOL

ok...here goes nothing!:shrug:

IMG_7663a.jpg

IMG_7692a.jpg

IMG_7708a.jpg

IMG_7722a.jpg

IMG_7740a.jpg

IMG_7732a.jpg

IMG_7760a.jpg

IMG_7818a.jpg

9.added this one because those damn swans did bugger all and this was the only slightly bit of movement i got from one!
IMG_7835a.jpg

IMG_7900a.jpg

will add pics of togs i got below: LOL

Button Moon,

I like all of your shots. Number 2 is great, very vibrant, but cropped a little tight for me. Number 3 - 7 I also like too.

9 - great, I didn't get the swans to do anything interesting at all :)

aww cowasaki thank -u!!
i know what u mean about number 2....but where the tail is...that hasnt been cropped...it ALMOST got chopped off so made a very tight horizontal crop to try n salvage the look...think i failed LOL

You should deffo enter that for your comp shot.

I definitely agree. What do you do as your post processing? I would say that maybe you could have a play with that a bit. It is worth doing because it is such a good shot.

This is what I mean,

IMG_7835a.jpg

after quick tweak...

after.jpg

With access to the actual RAW file you can get more from your image too.

this is the original swan pic....see what u think i should do with it LOL
IMG_7835.jpg

Your crop is fine, you have done a good job with both the original capture and the pp that you did. There are a number of tricks that you can do to make your images POP. To get the most though you need the actual RAW file

Your crop is fine, you have done a good job with both the original capture and the pp that you did. There are a number of tricks that you can do to make your images POP. To get the most though you need the actual RAW file
thanku so much!!! that means alot coz im crap with photoshop!! :LOL:
yeah i agree...it does need a certain pop!! your tweaking looks brill!!

i didnt shoot in RAW...yes i know...slap my wrists!!!

Consider them slapped :bat:

If you shoot in RAW then you have MUCH more control over the image. I forgot to reset my EV from +0.3 to -0.7 but because I shoot in RAW I was able to fix it pretty much. Just try it next time (y)

i know alot of people mentioned that day to shot in RAW but i wanted to try composition n basic settings first...i thought RAW was abit too big of a step for me yet LOL

Back