The new, nationwide, travelling camera challenge

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Following on from the highly successful Monika the Konica and Olly the Trip challenge, I suggested the next challenge could be my 1950ish Zeiss Ikon Nettar MF folder.

We're now up and running.

Here's the running order:

I've also put frame numbers against each person as it would be easy to lose track of who's wound on and who hasn't.

Simonphoto - Swansea 1,2
Alan Clogwyn -Rhydyclafdy 3,4
JCoquillon - Bristol 5,6
Chrisr - Kenilworth 7,8
Ceejay - Scottish Borders 9,10
desf - Edinburgh 11,12
robhooley167 - Manchester. New film 1,2
Andysnap - Cheshire 3,4
The matt - Hull 5,6
Ambermile - Norfolk 7,8
Jao - Norfolk 9,10
wickerman - Suffolk 11,12
RaglanSurf - West London. New film 1,2
menthel - Raynes Park 3,4
happygolucky - South East 5,6
trevorbray - Guildford 7,8
Strappy - Reading 9,10
SimonUK - Reading 11,12
Myself - North Staffs New film. 1,2
Nod - Devon 3,4

The theme is "Britain through the eyes of Loretta the Nettar."

So, just show us two of your favourite locations in your area, or something that defines your area.

And here's the manual

http://www.cameramanuals.org/zeiss_ikon/zeiss_ikon_nettar.pdf

Last edited:
Yes please, I'd love to be involved in this:)

Great response so far - and so quick.

So we have:

Myself
Chrisr
happygolucky
Simonphoto
Jao
JCoquillon
robhooley167
RaglanSurf
Alan Clogwyn
The Matt
wickerman
SimonUK
Andysnap
Strappy
desf
Ceejay
menthel
trevorbray
Thats it - we have a full team. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Following on from the highly successful Monika the Konica and Olly the Trip challenge, I suggested the next challenge could be my 1950ish Zeiss Ikon Nettar MF folder.

Can't be, its gotta be Veronica the Bronica or Jack the Clack or Miranda the.....err.......Miranda..:shrug:

:p

Be rude not to i suppose (y)

Go on then, I'm in :D

Also if there's enough participants I'm happy to chuck in a roll of something if it gets to me at the half way stage.

Go on then, you might have to tell me how it works, I'm not familiar with old cameras!

If you still need anyone, can I play? :):)

Also if there's enough participants I'm happy to chuck in a roll of something if it gets to me at the half way stage.

Excellent! Thanks for that Nick.

Richard, Matt and David all added to the list.

We have 11 already.

Could go with twelve or leave it a few days to see if we can get 24.

Nice one Simon. Have added you to the list.

What do you think folks - go with 12 or hold out for 24?

Well as 13th man I say try for 24 and shoot 2 rolls, but I would say that, wouldn't I. ;)

Andy

I'll sign up if there's a space.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, thanks Simon. I'm in then (two north of the border ? )

Ceejay

Anyone else interested?

If we could get 2 more people that would be 18. We could then go for 2 shots each using 3 rolls of film.

Anyone else interested?

If we could get 2 more people that would be 18. We could then go for 2 shots each using 3 rolls of film.

Sounds more economic as just the one with P+P to pass it on is going to be an expensive shot.

Oh go on then. Can save postage with Adrian :D

Or me - nipping up to Newcastle this weekend to get the bike back :D

Sounds more economic as just the one with P+P to pass it on is going to be an expensive shot.

Yeah, I agree.

So, if everyone's happy, we'll go with that.

18 people, 2 shots each.

We need one more volunteer to contribute a film. RaglanSurf has offered one. Anyone else?

If we can get that sorted we might as well start now and hope the 18th person joins along the way.

How about the theme? I was thinking keep it fairly open. Something like your 2 favourite subjects.

Any thoughts?

I'll offer a roll as well

Rob - you are a star. Thankyou.

All we need now is to decide on the theme. I'd sort of like it to reflect the nationwide aspect. See the country through the eyes of "Loretta the Nettar", so to speak.

Put me down for last place. If you make Andrew number 17. I can collect from him to save his postage costs.

It does seem a good idea to try and keep some sort of geographical order so we can minimise the negative influence of our postal service and postage costs.

Put me down for last place. If you make Andrew number 17. I can collect from him to save his postage costs.

Thanks Trevor.

Yaaay! We have a full team (y)

It does seem a good idea to try and keep some sort of geographical order so we can minimise the negative influence of our postal service and postage costs.

Have to agree.

Crikey - this is going to test my skills of logic and organisation.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Back