The new, nationwide, travelling camera challenge

Whereabouts in North Staffs are you Simon, I'm only in Crewe and I work in Alsager so I could meet up to exchange the first pass.

Andy

Right folks - here's my idea of a running order.

I wanted to try to save rob hooley and raglan surf postage costs as they're supplying film.

This was my stupid idea so I don't mind taking the postage hit.

Apologies to those who will have to post.

Simonphoto - Swansea
Alan Clogwyn -Rhydyclafdy
JCoquillon - Bristol
Chrisr - Kenilworth
Ceejay - Scottish Borders
desf - Edinburgh
robhooley167 - Manchester. New film
Andysnap - Cheshire
The matt - Hull
Ambermile - Norfolk
Jao - Norfolk
wickerman - Suffolk
RaglanSurf - West London. New film
menthel - Raynes Park
happygolucky - South East
trevorbray - Guildford
Strappy - Reading
SimonUK - Reading
Myself - North Staffs

What do you think folks?

Still need to decide a theme. I'm still leaning towards - "show us your part of the world."

Last edited:
Aaargh - sorry! I've messed up.

That makes 19. I must have miscounted.

Not to worry - I'll fit you in Justin.

Just a reminder regarding Trevor's post as to order?
PS. How come it says Norfolk next to his name? He's in Guildford.. Just sayin ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Simon.

I hope to have mine done by Monday.

I suggested the theme of show us your local area. No-one's suggested anything else so I guess that's what we're going with.

Edit: I see I got your locations the wrong way round. :wacky:

Last edited:
Seeing as i'm putting a new film in i will put a roll of Tri-X 400 in as i cant see it getting used in my RB67

If you want i'll dev and scan the roll i take out of the camera, save on sending it back to you to dev

That would be great. Thanks Rob.

Give a bit of a part way boost and encouragement as well.

Cheers.

I'm not sure if you have noticed but by the time Loretta reaches Chrisr, if we all take 2 photos each, there won't be any film left for him to take his pictures.

Also, I think that by the time I have taken my pictures it will be the end of the roll. I'm happy to get the film developed and scanned. I do have the kit to develop the film at home but would rather (and am happy to) pay for it to be done at a lab. Let me know if you are happy for me to do this.

Cheers David.

Yes, I had realised about Chris.

If no-one drops out on the way I'll send Chris another roll to take his two shots. I'll then use the rest of the roll.

Thanks for the offer of developing. That would be great.

Cheers David.

Yes, I had realised about Chris.

If no-one drops out on the way I'll send Chris another roll to take his two shots. I'll then use the rest of the roll.

Thanks for the offer of developing. That would be great.

Potential slight problem with this is: I've only ever loaded 1 120 film, in about 1972! I guess I'll just have to read the manual carefully :rules:.

You'll be fine Chris(y)

I loaded my first ever a couple of weeks ago. It was very straightforward.

Its a doddle Chris, no worries.

You know what? If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous :wacky:

So, there I was in the shower, contemplating life, the universe and everything, as you do, when I realised that to solve the problem of the extra person all I have to do is re-jig the order a bit and put myself last.

I'm about to go out for the day now, so I'll do it when I get back this evening.

Looks good. Is there an intended timeframe to keep us on track?

You know what? If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous :wacky:

So, there I was in the shower, contemplating life, the universe and everything, as you do, when I realised that to solve the problem of the extra person all I have to do is re-jig the order a bit and put myself last.

:bonk: Good thinking bat man.

Here it is then, the new updated running order.

I've also put frame numbers against each person as it would be easy to lose track of who's wound on and who hasn't.

Simonphoto - Swansea 1,2
Alan Clogwyn -Rhydyclafdy 3,4
JCoquillon - Bristol 5,6
Chrisr - Kenilworth 7,8
Ceejay - Scottish Borders 9,10
desf - Edinburgh 11,12
robhooley167 - Manchester. New film 1,2
Andysnap - Cheshire 3,4
The matt - Hull 5,6
Ambermile - Norfolk 7,8
Jao - Norfolk 9,10
wickerman - Suffolk 11,12
RaglanSurf - West London. New film 1,2
menthel - Raynes Park 3,4
happygolucky - South East 5,6
trevorbray - Guildford 7,8
Strappy - Reading 9,10
SimonUK - Reading 11,12
Myself - North Staffs

What do you think folks?

Simon - I'll post it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Happy to meet up for the swap Nick? Coffee on me!

Happygolucky, whereabouts are you in the South East? Am always happy to meet up and swap to save postage and actually going to the post office!

Rob, if you are doing the developing can I contribute a film as I'm at the end of the first roll?

I'm not sure if you have noticed but by the time Loretta reaches Chrisr, if we all take 2 photos each, there won't be any film left for him to take his pictures.

Also, I think that by the time I have taken my pictures it will be the end of the roll. I'm happy to get the film developed and scanned. I do have the kit to develop the film at home but would rather (and am happy to) pay for it to be done at a lab. Let me know if you are happy for me to do this.

David, I travel around parts of Suffolk for work so happy to arrange a meet up if you want for camera handover. I am also happy to provide a roll of film, for the next phase of the journey.

Last edited:
Rob, if you are doing the developing can I contribute a film as I'm at the end of the first roll?

If you want to, i was going to throw in a roll of Tri-X i can't see getting used so its no trouble to me either way (y)

Loretta the Nettar is now off on her travels.

Excellent news, also it would be useful if you could copy and paste the running order into the first post, saves trawling through the thread.

Not sure about a time limit.

I would have thought a week maximum would be reasonable.

Any other thoughts on this?

Not sure about a time limit.

I would have thought a week maximum would be reasonable.

Any other thoughts on this?

It's 2 shots, I would have thought 20 minutes should be adequate, it is film after all, there's no need to rush :eek:

Back